Exbury Gardens – Acer Cascades

Arnie

mini-Exbury#4_1.JPG

#4 in series I’m doing on Exbury gardens may be the last for a while tho. This one came together without any rework unlike the last. I applied fixer, and then did the final coat, so it’s a lot brighter.

C&C Appreciated. Thanks for looking. Arnie

Sennelier soft pastels on Yellow/Sand Sennelier pastel card 30x40 cm.

Wonderful. i just love those trees and the dappled light. I'm really enjoying this series!

There is such a quiet, serene feel to your paintings - I think this is just beautiful! sigh... I wish I could be IN that painting right now :)

I love the effect of sunlight sparkling on the trees and water - just beautiful! The whole series is so very well done!

Your re-work of the first one posted above is quite lovely - but I'll just toss out that I really liked those "dotty" bits. For me it made this dreamy landscape dance a bit. ;) I found it lively and fun, dappled bits of sunlight.

But - you're the one who has to be the most pleased at the end of the day!

Your re-work of the first one posted above is quite lovely - but I'll just toss out that I really liked those "dotty" bits. For me it made this dreamy landscape dance a bit. ;) I found it lively and fun, dappled bits of sunlight.

But - you're the one who has to be the most pleased at the end of the day!
Thanks Terri. I 'finished' this one and then went back to my ref pics and found I departed too much from what I'd wanted to show, rather than looking at my painting, hence the rework. I do agree the dots add movement. I was waiting to post an updated painting with some dots/highlights on the fg trees to recapture some of what was lost, but thats not been done yet. I will repost an update later. Thanks Arnie.

Back