last things and other things.

hi, i made these, in the picture it is different, it is darker in the picture.
I wanted to ask you for some advice, if you like this color, if you think it is good for drawings in one color (if I continue like this, instead of looking for alternatives to indigo blue I could have bought an indigo pencil factory), if you think so, if it is something that with practice I could improve or learn.
This color is caput murtuum, 6 euro package, before seeing it up close it is a color that reminded me of the drawings I had seen long ago but they were other colors, they were shades of red (but in reality, if I think, I don't think the color matters. or the media, I would love Snoball's work (sorry if I mention you and that admiring your art is a joy, your work continues to make me appreciate art and drawing, and therefore continue to want to draw, that is one of the beautiful things of the forum , to have seen the works of all of you and also inspiration) even if he used a cookie to paint or draw, he could do it and I know he would still create wonders).
Always caput murtum I had seen the watercolor version weeks ago, for 5 euros more, maybe watercolor is particular that maybe it was ok by itself, maybe with ink, however it is an easy pencil to sharpen, I'm not sorry, it doesn't cause me allergy, it's nice , about the colors, I wanted to ask you if you like it, if it is beautiful to the eye, the blue that I have not taken (I am obsessed) I had only seen online from this brand a year ago.

I mean I like the idea of drawing with a single color, colored pencils can be much darker than graphite, then I had fallen in love with some drawings seen in one color and using them is pleasant, similar to charcoal, but they do not stain and do not irritate the chalazion. I prefer pencils.

This is the reference.
Another thing I wanted to ask you, very nice, I wanted to ask you if for similar design it is ok a5, I used scketchbook a5, should a4 or a3 be used?
Sheet format you recommend for potrait, what should I use with Sketchbook a5.

, wonderful reference in this link

2021-06-02 12-51_pagina_1.jpg
2021-06-02 12-51_pagina_2.jpg
2021-06-02 12-51_pagina_3.jpg
2021-06-02 12-51_pagina_4.jpg
2021-06-02 12-51_pagina_5.jpg

Attachments

• 2021-06-02 12-51_pagina_6.jpg
    2021-06-02 12-51_pagina_6.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 61
Iain , thank you very much, I'm happy you think this, I appreciate it very much, thank you

time taken for the face, from 2 to 3 hours,
It seems to me about 2 and a half hours

I tried Walter Mathaw, initially I was thinking of some quick caricatures (it was late), the last 2 instead I drew them normally, I tried normally (no caricature)
different photos
an hour an hour and a half in total

2021-06-03 11-33_pagina_2.jpg
2021-06-03 11-33_pagina_3.jpg

Love the horse, the drawings of Matthau are good, but #1 of Matthau is unmistakable! Well done. ❤️ (y)

i made these
, man is charlee sheen,
girl instead I tried normally, drawing very slowly.
2021-06-06 17-12_pagina_1.jpg

2021-06-05 21-48_pagina_1.jpg

Attachments

• 2021-06-05 21-48_pagina_2.jpg
    2021-06-05 21-48_pagina_2.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 2021-06-06 17-12_pagina_1.jpg
    2021-06-06 17-12_pagina_1.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 68
  • 2021-06-05 21-48_pagina_2.jpg
    2021-06-05 21-48_pagina_2.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 64
2021-06-06 17-15.jpg

On the other hand, on Friday I bought children's colors and markers (fine-tipped crayola, washable) for about 3 euros. experiment, attempt, I couldn't resist trying.

hi, I wanted to ask you for advice, advice and permission to try this, if not premature to try gauche, colors. that it is easy, in the sense that it can also make sense as an initial choice.) or better just pencil or nothing.

(I said that I would not have accumulated more stuff to draw instead in the end I took the pencils but mostly colors, that is something to learn or play (without pretensions, that is, I know that to paint it could take many years, and it is not sure that it becomes capable, but I'd like to try, weeks, months ago I thought about trying with the computer, digital, tried a few times but I think I should replace another piece and redo it but now I don't feel like it, it doesn't crash often, but sometimes it requires use without video card)

(in recent months, a couple of times I wrote messages for advice, wrote messages but then I didn't send it, I was always sorry to bother, however advice was on a purchase, doubt between various things, colors or ink, I wanted take brush and ink; and then try only ink or pencil or play with colors, I know that learning would take me years and I might not even be able to do it but I had seen this)
I did not know that the gauche in tablets existed (godot as a watercolor, I think it is more inviting, simple to have something already prepared, but I do not know if it is more similar to gauche or watercolor)
, this Coran n d'Ache Gouache Studio 15 Assorted Colors Set in Metal Tin,

I recommend and if you advise me to just draw, if it is premature or not the case that you use gauche or watercolor, or instead if I can try,
the question that I have not published and if it is okay to start with colors the watercolor,
that is, I said that I would not have accumulated more material, but 3 months ago I saw an acrylic kit, for 5 euros, then I started thinking about it, reading various comments and something about painting, doubts were on that set (https: //www.amazon.com/dp/B0015S1WDA?psc=1,) or in pannarelli alcoholic colors (no copic, some imitation, to try),
or do not take anything but start with the watercolors, which I had, and I had also written a couple of times a post on this doubt, but I have not published it, I was sorry to ask again for advice, annoy,
anyway I was talking about this, and that the cartoons made me think about color (I remember that I didn't like to use pencils or markers but that coloring Olivia from Popeye with watercolors or tubes was fun, or I remember that in the house there were 2 paintings of cartoons that my parents had received, a lifetime ago and I remember that I always had one of these with me, it was with Donald Duck) in short, drawings, the copies I made, tried to make in recent months, cartoons make me think about color or to try to improve with ink (i.e. nothing special but it would be nice to get to be able to make a finished drawing, a cartoon or comic that I like to make a copy that I would like to keep, or to be able to use color for caricature,), I was undecided if to buy above all one of these two things, always for a maximum of 20, 25 € (or black ink with brush or the box of gouache, thinking that these 2 things have no odor problems (for safety, having had emicra nie), I chose gouache because I found them and I could not resist, it intrigues me, they did not raise the price, which if I understand correctly is odorless or in any case not strong and I still think it is not toxic, I would like something that I can use in the bedroom .,
I really like oil and also acrylic also for the works that I have also seen here,)
I chose gouache for what has been said and because if I understood correctly it is odorless or non-toxic, I would like something that I can use in the bedroom.,
I was looking for something to learn or play (unpretentious, what I know could take many years to paint, and not sure if you become capable, I would like to try)
these with the gadots, I think they are easier for a beginner, it seems more comfortable and practical.
I would like to see videos among those on youtube, the one I happened to see (among the artists I admire that I happened to see the youtube channel), I knew that he used it gauche, even if in tubes it is Jeff Watts
and a very cheap a4 160 grams (maybe this the first few times, or attempts where I just try cose indefinite o dipinti or squares) or I have scketchbook. i think i will start trying on these things

I can't answer you definitively Joe, since I am unfamiliar with gouache, but if I understand it correctly gouache is more opaque than watercolor and probably acts more like I paint with acrylic paints. I use them very thinly and you can't see any brush strokes at all. Watercolor (which I really don't care to paint with) is very transparent and you have to leave the paper showing for whites. You might try a small box of gouache and give it a try before you invest in more colors.

It is a pleasure to see your latest drawings, joe. I particularly liked the horse portrait. 👍

Snoball, thank you very much, well, I was hoping for something closer to those media, denser than watercolors, more opaque (as you say) maybe more manageable, compact, and maybe that could also adapt to more types of paper (less specific paper ).

reading the reviews of
Arrtx Gouache Paints Mint Green (18 colors) or Caran d'Ache Gouache Tablets 15 colors (perhaps in this format, the gauche tablets are less common, perhaps only these versions and brands or not of the tubes), it seems that they are a way of half between gauche and watercolor, but also depending on the water you put, poor first with little.
i will update, but i will probably try, do circles, scribble.
thank you . I start to update that last night I did another pencil drawing

Iain glad you think this thanks and that you liked horse.
I tried a face again.

Watercolor sketching would seem easier than gouache, but I have used gouache too. I also like to use India ink. I have not used the Coran n d'Ache Gouache. I actually like the Winsor Newton Designer's Gouache. Sometimes you have to go through a lot of different brands before seeing which works best for you, which is why I wouldn't recommend buying sets just yet, but that's only one opinion.

Back