last things and other things.

All of these last sketches are excellent, Joe. All the ones on Instagram are also. You are really prolific with your sketches. Bravo! :love:

JennieJo, thanks for looking, glad you liked the drawings.
Snoball, grazie , thanks for seeing, glad you think so.

JennieJo, thanks for looking, glad you liked the drawings.
Snoball, grazie , thanks for seeing, glad you think so.
They have inspired me. Did a couple of quick ones while having a coffee. And then happened across Tony Grogan's Cape Town Sketchbook.

Murray G, thanks for watching and for the encouraging words, glad you like them.
If you want, you can also feel free for any criticisms, I appreciate them, that is, I consider them useful.

Hi Joe. I once again scanned thro you posts. Truly beautiful and I see an amazing progression of skill. I am really not qualified to give advice as I see my drawing skills as "just ok". But, I remember a comment from one of my mentors who requoted someone who said ..... "draw lines" . I really like the way you "draw lines" and allow the subject to reveal itself. I'm not sure you need criticism, but I am happy to encourage.... many of these I would have been happy to hang on a wall, really.

Thank you very much for your kind words, for your help and for reporting the information you received.

2023-11-03 12-14 1.jpeg
2023-11-03 12-14.jpeg
2023-11-03 16-59 2.jpeg
2023-11-03 16-59 1.jpeg
2023-11-03 16-59.jpeg

draw november

tried different subjects or different digital brushes
The problem with digital is basically the same as with traditional, learning shading. with traditional, however, I have also seen various videos or live broadcasts, some ways I don't think I would have been able to learn, others I think are worse in digital than on paper.
hatching seems to me to be perhaps the most imitable but still difficult, and perhaps worse on digital, that is, I find it easier on digital but regardless of the brush, unfortunately some lines come out too dark even if I don't change the pressure, on paper not

I've tried value scales on the iPad with various tools but I've never managed to learn how to do them. especially with those that I use the most or imitate traditional instruments.
I think they are beautiful, (even if the programs are incredible and the artrage program for simulating is very beautiful, but the fact that I don't know how to paint in traditional style can be seen here,) some good ones that I tried that imitate tools like watercolor, I had tried some some watercolors on procreate and one is really beautiful (it has various brushes) but I think you would make good use of it if you know real watercolor.
weeks ago, seeing drawings by an artist who paints in traditional but also digital formats, especially charcoal digitally, sometimes for practice, I read the name of a brush that was in previous versions of procreate, a brush that was removed and replaced 3 years ago ago, but it was downloadable online, I was also struck by the name, it's called bonomo, like monkeys, monkeys that don't make war on each other and have a peaceful and collaborative approach to life, I tried to draw this singer because he did a song called Bonomo, but only the beginning is with that brush, then I tried to combine others. (the result of some brushes is incredible, however some artists also manage to combine some of the ones already included to make incredible results.)

2023-11-07 23-25 1.jpeg
2023-11-07 23-25 2.jpeg
2023-11-07 23-25.jpeg
2023-11-07 19-01 1.jpeg
2023-11-07 19-01 2.jpeg
2023-11-07 19-01 3.jpeg
2023-11-07 19-01 4.jpeg
2023-11-07 19-01.jpeg

I had drawn the girl previously using almost only that brush but together with the fusion tool, fusion as Harry said, I've been using it in recent months, however with paper and digitally until 2 months ago I never used it.
Do these 2 drawings look better than the previous ones?
last thing, I wanted to use digital also because I haven't used guides and tutorials on digital much, or books on topics, so I thought I had room to improve, but when I bought the iPad the PC had broken and wouldn't turn on anymore, so I had links on totorial sites, guides, I had bought, I had DVDs and a couple of guides but I didn't use them with a broken PC, so I didn't study theory but only practiced with iPad, a year ago I fixed the PC, I was missing a video card but even 100 euro cards had tripled them or much more.
then I fixed it, it worked fine for a few months, but now it only turns on from bioss but above all if I turn it off, if I try to turn it back on immediately or after less than 2 hours it makes a bad noise and after a few minutes it turns off, so for I don't have the tutorial, I'm using it, so as not to happen that I want to turn it on and it doesn't turn on. Maybe, however, I have to try to follow the digital tutorial, one of the doubts is that I'm not about the program I use, procreate, it's when I used the PC even if I used a program on the PC but different from that of the tutorials and CDs and I struggled to follow them. However, there is a site like ctrl which also has lots of free tutorial videos, maybe I should try it even if it's for a different program

2023-11-04 11-46.jpeg

Attachments

• 2023-11-04 17-25.jpeg
    2023-11-04 17-25.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 9
Thanks very much Wayne

from life, 1 apple.
blu é quello sfondo sono sbagliati credo.che colore era meglio?

I like all these last sketches, Joe, but the second guy in post #1852, the cat in #1854 and the faces in #1855 are all exceptional! ❤️

Back