King Baby - Work in Progress

Artyczar

Here's the 3-panel piece I've been working on that's taking a long time, just like all my paintings. I'm both slow, and impatient. :ROFLMAO: Anyway, it's starting to come together, kinda/sorta. You can get the gist of what I'm trying to do with this. It's a bit of an experiment.

full-grandma472.jpg

I'm completely excited about this one. And - having seen the crown, I LOVE this title! ❤️

Thank you so much CaliAnn. I am interested to see where it goes too! :ROFLMAO:
Thank you Wayne, although, I'm a little lost on what you mean. I usually am! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Terri, thanks for your vote of confidence. The title is making me laugh, so I'm keeping it, that, or "King Babyhead." :ROFLMAO:

Being both slow and impatient. That made me laugh! I love this series. You are productive, despite yourself😃

I hope you are going to leave the wood showing, it really makes a statement. After the paint is completely dry you could give it a coating of oil and the wood grain would really pop and set the painting off.

Thank you Iain and John. I really appreciate you both!

Sno, thank you! I have already sealed the wood, but varnish may help when I'm done too. Good idea. I'm not leaving too much wood showing, but I am leaving some in two of the panels. The square one down below won't have any wood showing because it's a different color wood. I wanted to show a little more in the tall panel but there's already some pencil markings on that one I can't get rid of, so it will be filled in a bit more.

I have also seriously changed the boy's face and it's truly disturbing now! He's RED! He looks like a burn victim. I don't want to show it until it's more of it is done (I'm scared!). It's just become an alarming painting, that's for sure. :ROFLMAO:

King Babyhead. I love it! Yeah, that floating transparent crown must make it to the finished painting!

Thank you Terri and Lamar! I will try to put a little more together on this before I show more progress on this thread. I also have to wait for some parts to dry so I don't mess some things up (smear the paint into the bare wood parts).

Wayne...Nooooow I understand. It always takes me a minute. Not the sharpest crayon. :ROFLMAO:

Back