Jo's Inktober Sketches from life

Sorry I missed some of these on last week's hunt, Jo - the watch and money clip are beautifully drawn. Love the lemons!

Inktober Day 12 - stuck

I was stuck for an idea and wanted to sketch my Dad stuck in a mudhole at the ranch but wasn't that ambitious. So you get some paint with the lids stuck on. Several different pens and ink. This is in my big coffeevtable book.

ink-12stuck-cs.jpg

Fun choice for stuck, and great line work on the paint tube and bottle - I would really love to see that drawing of your Dad, though. That sounds like an idea you should have a go at some time! Your second sketch made me laugh - is the house being haunted by puzzled architects? How does one property end up with so many rooflines?

Triss, thanks. I couldn't believe that house. We were driving around looking for an interesting roof and bam....
Sketched from a photo so couldn't use for the Scavenger Hunts.

For today Day 14, tick - ticking off the days one at a time. Sharpie pen in the big book.

wc697tick.jpg

Gosh what a nice collection so far, Jo! The paints with the lids stuck on speaks to me today. Why is it always the color that you need the most?

Enjoying all of these. I smiled at the "tick". I wouldn't have thought of your answer to the challenge but I love it.

Such an interesting collection of sketches … nice, fresh drawings!
I do identify with stuck paint caps … so annoying!
Love the idea of a coffee table sketchbook!

Jo, you have started interesting thread. I'm curious to see all different objects you choose draw everyday.

Inktober Day 16 Compass

I sketched in the big book (trying to finish it off after 5 years of sketching in it) with a Sharpie pen and a Prismacolor chisel, Pigma Brush and Zig Millenneum for the yellow. The Scavenger Hunt prompt was "rotates to open". I sketch freehand. Obviously too quickly on the jar. Maybe it contracted a bit as the mix dried up inside. Ha.

wc6987rotates-compass.jpg

Thanks all if I missed anyone.
Donna, thanks. It is always the color you need to finish the last and your in a hurry. On the old metal lids you could warm it up with a match ... not sure that would work on these new plastic lids. Ha.

AMS, all I could think of was the bug. I had to look up a definition to find tick as a counting thingy.

Maureen, thank you. My daughter gave me the 300 page book and asked me to finish and return to her in a couple of years. Well I started on both sides of the page ... dingy me. So now 5 years later I have about 20 pages to go. Maybe finish by Christmas. It is too big to carry around for plein air sketches. Weighs about 12 pounds. Ha.

moscatel, thanks so much. We've been doing the Scavenger Hunts, sketching from life since 2006 so lots of prompts and practice and things I never would have sketched like under the sink or dirty dishes. It's been fun and kept me sketching.

Enjoyable .. love used paint tubes and that compass is a delicate piece of rendering .. keep them coming ..

Thanks Wayne, I look for art tools and items first usually, closest at hand!
Artyczar, thank you, I was surprised to find that old compass in Gene's desk.

Inktober Day 17 collide

Jim Reeve's song, When Two Worlds Collide, came to mind. My sketch doesn't look much like him.
inkday17cs.jpg

Inktober Day 18 Moon ... of course I wrote Day 17, will change that on the sketch. In the coffee table book with a new Micron 02. This is my mom when she was about 12 in 1917 sitting on the moon. Couldn't resist. Of course no resemblance.

ink18moon.jpg

Back