gogh.jpg

One-Gustav-Klimt-works-block-Austrian-record-2006.jpg

DaybreakIimage.jpg

tibor.jpg

amy-sillman-elephant.jpg

pizza-farms-ptg.jpg

dana.jpg

Last edited:
A while back I think Kaethe Butcher was mentioned in the Bukowski forums and I told her about it. Her work reminds me a lot of Schiele. I wrote to her then and she was really happy that people were interested in her work and talking about it in the forums. She did an interview here and talks about how Bukowski has an influence on her life. Her work is amazing, like Klimt and Schiele's. Isn't it though.

image-asset.jpeg

digging+deep.jpg

Into+The+Mind+Palace.jpg

sheMakeMeKillMyself.jpg

The+Gardener+-+KB+-+Dangerous+Women.jpg

hi, Schiele is probably the first artist I would mention,
in fact I have known his works especially for a couple of years but I particularly love his works.
I would say the same for Kaethe Butcher, an incredible artist.
I also really like Picasso, especially his early works,
this is also a recent rediscovery (a few days ago I thought I would take a book with Schiele's drawings then I also bought 44 linear drawings by Picasso for an attractive price, now maybe I would have preferred to have taken another book anyway it is another artist whom I would quote together with Michelangelo, Leonardo, the latter 2 are among the ones I have liked for the longest time, in the sense that I have seen their works before,) ps: I also like the others you mentioned, Van Gogh, Klimt and many others,

bukoski, by the way, maybe I forgot to write it but then I read it Ham on Rye and I liked it very much, thanks again.

Not necessarily influenced by but some of my favorites are:
The Wyeths
Albert Bierstadt
And more recent,
Jerry Yarnell

OK... I had to think about this as the artists who influence/inspire my own artistic efforts at this moment. There are many artists I acknowledge as great... even better than many of the artists I will list here (Rembrandt, Vermeer, and Picasso immediately come to mind) but they are not as influential on my own work. Those who are the most influential would include:

Peter Paul Rubens:

BeFunky_BIGBIGSemi-BigJudgmentofParis.med.jpg

Michelangelo:

BeFunky_Ezekiel.sm.jpg

Botticelli:

Botticelli-primaverawiki.medium.small.jpg

Simone Martini:

BeFunky_Annunciation.sm.jpg

Fra Angelico:

1prado.editedBF2.700.jpg

Fra Filippo Lippi:

8madonn.smaller.jpg

Albrecht Dürer:

AdamEve.small.jpg

Lucas Cranach:

BeFunky_Cranach Adam Eve.jpg.jpg

Bronzino:

BeFunky_57352470.jpg.jpg

Alessandro Allori:

tumblr_nen52o83p71srjl7to.med.jpg

Most of these artists... except for Rubens... emphasize linearity. Many also stress patterns and decorative elements and/or 2-dimensional design. There is also a love of artifice and expressive distortion of form and anatomy which certainly shows up in my own work.

(I don't know what the limit on images in a single post is so I will stop here and continue in another post)

As far as I know, there isn't really a limit. The forum is for art! And we bought a lot of space for it. But for some reason, your images posted twice.

Anyway, those are all fine examples, and I love Botticelli. I can see him and Martini in your work, if you know what I mean. Lucas Cranach too. It's there. I can see it anyway. Seeing Botticelli in real life is CRAZY! I wept all over the place, all over Florance, and the two friends I went with walked away from me because they were embarrassed to be seen with me.

François Boucher:

BeFunkyMOM.jpg.jpg

Utamaro:

Utamaro_Kitagawa014774.med.jpg

Classical Persian Painters:

F1932.8.jpg

Japanese Screen Painters:

99006.jpg

William Blake:

but544.1.6.wc.100.jpg

Ingres:

95fa80853310850934ca9c5c5583146f.jpg

Edgar Degas:

BeFunky_Ballet-Dancers-in-Butterfly-Costumes.650.jpg

Pierre Bonnard:

BeFunky_839472d1323288893860.medium.jpg

Edouard Vuillard:

mmsomethingsomethingsmall.jpg

Matisse:

8030a6ce0e10e009552a741ec60201f7.small.jpg

I also see the classical Persian painters in your work, and even Matise at times, especially in your backgrounds.

I think there's a difference in being inspired by other artist's work and being influenced by them. While I'm inspired by the artists I listed above, I'm influenced only be some of them, mostly Paul Klee and Van Gogh. I'd have to also include Kandinsky, as well as the Peanuts gang and every Warner Brother's cartoon I ever watched. More specifically, I'm influenced more in recent years by Amy Sillman, but inspired more by Lisa Sanditz. I think she is braver and taps into something I myself keep trying to do myself, but I can never quite get there. It's not exactly visual, but not exactly 100% intellectual either. I don't know how she manages it.

There's a ton of unknown artists that influence me. Some of my peers that none of you have heard of. Only a few have been making their appearance in the art world, like Kim McCarty, Maja Ruznic, and Allison Schulnik. I've been influenced by Rita Ackermann for over 20 years. Then there are some friends of mine you wouldn't know. Both are in Pennsylvania (one to the west, one to the east) Edith Abeyta and Elizabeth Hoffman III. I also love Rochelle Botello who is mostly a sculptor. Maybe I can start posting good examples of everyone's work, starting with Amy Sillman since the one I posted above was really blury.

EDIT: Oh, and how can I forgot Bill Traylor and Carlo Zinelli! I've also been into Mickalene Thomas Lately too:

9.Mickalene Thomas.jpg

Last edited:
Alphonse Mucha:

10. DanceDark.650.jpg

Gustav Klimt:

BeFunky_GustavKlimt-Hope-1903.med.jpg

Max Beckmann:

128.jpg

Leonard Koscianski:

monarch.jpg

Gil Elvgren:

phoca_thumb_l_lucky_dog_1958.med.jpg