Inktober 7-12

drizzlewither

Drawn on Bristol Board with Frisk drawing ink + dip pen, diluted Frisk drawing ink + brushes, occasional touches with white gel pen and other colored pen

Oct 7th
Selected prompts:
* He looked out the window at the falling snow
* Stars blazed in the night sky

07.png

Only meaningful to me personally - two characters of mine, Symma and Gil

Oct 8th
Selected prompts:
* A fisherman's village
* Broken wristwatch

08.png

simple ideas!

Oct 9th
Selected prompts:
* Zombie soccer player
09.png

OK this I would never have come up with on my own. Soccer players are amazing for gesture drawings by the way go look some pics up I highly recommend it. They get into the most amazing positions

Oct 10th
Selected prompts:
* The eagle huntress
* Bay of Doom

10.png

Kinda combined the two but not really, and had a sea eagle

Oct 11th
Selected prompts:
* A deer bounding through the field
11.png

Another nice and simple one

Oct 12th
Selected prompts:
* A young woman with golden curly hair wears a delicate gold and pink dress accentuated by pink lace
* A shield with a ram's skull

12.png

So I got a real janky set of prompts this time and these were the best of them believe it or not. But I love what came out.
Shock troops of Harajuku - every bow symbolises a kill

Last edited:
I love these! Every one of them tells a story. I really like the last one! Great work with the ink.

it is striking the impression of light in these by using watered down ink as a mid tone. ***note to self, "must experiment" :LOL:

Thanks everyone!

It's interesting doing traditional, I was purely a digital artist at first and it is a whole different ball game (said the zombie soccer player before his leg fell off) I'm pretty proud of getting this far. Some illustrations are "up", some are "down" but each one has at least something I like about it even if I'm mad about a bunch of other stuff.

it is striking the impression of light in these by using watered down ink as a mid tone. ***note to self, "must experiment" :LOL:
Yes yes do it it works great! I put a bit of ink in a dish, mix a bit of water in it, then put a bit of pure water in a second dish and mix some of the first into the second so I get one strong one and one weak one.

These are lovely sketches not only because of your technique, but also thanks to the content and the imaginative manner in which you have conveyed the stories. Bravo!!!

These are delightful. The combination of good ink drawings and the shading of values finish them off perfectly.

they are all fabulous, beauty and technology fabulous and the story is great too, beautiful is fun, every job is great.
zombie footballers, super wonderfull,
football for many years has been a passion for me, but I have never drawn football scenes,
a few months ago I tried basketball players, I had thought about doing a lot of figures as exercise, now I have done a few, I'll try again, I mean you are right about football, I also think for basketball the same things, I don't know if you have tried, but they are strong, they are sports that have highly spectacular moments, you are right, this scene that you did but beats them all, basketball is spectacular but zombie footballers are better, too good, thanks for showing us

a few months ago I tried basketball players, I had thought about doing a lot of figures as exercise, now I have done a few, I'll try again, I mean you are right about football, I also think for basketball the same things, I don't know if you have tried, but they are strong, they are sports that have highly spectacular moments, you are right, this scene that you did but beats them all, basketball is spectacular but zombie footballers are better, too good, thanks for showing us

Basketballers! That's a great idea too! thanks for that, I'm gonna check it out. Wonder what other sports would be good as well. I tried gymnasts before but it felt a bit too contrived, they have beautiful poses but they are *posed*. Same with a lot of the martial artist stuff. I want the crazy stuff with people just going nuts overextending and flailing and about to eat dirt.

I hope you like the references of basketball giotaro then.
on wetcavans, wetcavans, creativespark they admire art, artist Arlene made beautiful works published sometimes in forum posts Figures, her paintings, paintings of sports in motion, there was dance, basketball, football

I’d love to see a zombie softball game using creative bits for the ball and the bat! All of them are intriguing but I especially like the first one with a focus on the missing hand. All of them lend themselves to the viewer’s own interpretation.

These are wonderful! The look like illustrations from a book and all have a story feel to them.

Back