Inktober 2021

E.J.H.

Anybody here up for the inktober challenge?
I am a bit in doubt. Tried it two years ago, and didn't get very far. One of the main troubles being that October is about the worst month for me to have an additional claim on my spare time.
But it is a fun idea, creating art alongside others....

Artyczar

Staff member
I've wanted to do it, but I can never find the time. I also like that 100-day thing on Instagram, but I could never do that either. I'll do it for like three days and then fail. :( I can't keep it up within my daily life. Then, because it becomes a chore, I will stop doing it because something like that shouldn't feel like a "chore."

E.J.H.

That is pretty similar to my experience (just looked it up, proud to say I made it to eight, before buckling 🤣).
It does stimulate daily drawing, but yeah the "chore" feeling isn't good. Maybe I just try a more relaxed approach and limit myself to for instance one or two prompts a week, one is one's own boss after all...

joe1It

I've never tried either of them.
maybe some similar purpose in my head, something or topic every day or every week, and then I did it for a couple of days. that of the figure of February I had tried a little.
inktober I have never done it, in the last 2 years (I don't know if I discovered it 3 years ago or when exactly) I have seen a lot of related drawings, nice that.
maybe this year I'll try it, I don't know.

the funniest thing are the works where maybe it's a very imaginative whole table, etc. maybe subject is indirectly.

however is inktober also to look for a reference, a photo for each word and draw what? without it I can't , I try I would do this, but maybe, thinking about it, instead of doing this maybe I'll just try to use ink but with that and the times that will happen, maybe a little more,

ah, a funny thing, the alternative inkbtober, I remember an artist or some who had made their list for the month, maybe horror theme, some very funny things.