Hi everyone

Hi Kay! Nice to see you and everyone. This site already feels so comfortable. Glad I am in at the beginning. Thanks to Carol and Artyczar for making it happen. My instincts were telling me you may be one and the same. :)But then I thought I might be having a brainfog. So glad to hear my instincts were right. Because I messaged Carol and then thought I mixed members up in my mind.
Anyways, I totally lost interest over on the other site when one of the moderators, exasperated by people reporting tech issues or suggestions (thread subjects, mind you), called another member’s perfectly acceptable post and others like it- well all the poster’s attitudes actually- as being angsty. She really reacted and made one guy‘s comment out as some weird threat against WC. SO WEIRD. It wasn’t. At all. She mainly wanted people to stop complaining or reporting on those appropriate threads, and go straight to the techs. I can only imagine she was defensive and exasperated. I thought, after a moderator/ admin talking like that, I didn’t feel like spending time there. Really talked down to members when they had problems and were thanking the staff for their efforts. Things didn’t work either. They are buried with issues. Poor Yorky is right! Nice man, I have met him.👍🏻
So I think I am done.

I was hoping that this place would be an addition to WC, not an "instead of." But I do understand people's frustration with the site because it was the reason I put this together. I too was frustrated that I couldn't control things over there and help it be a different platform. I knew that if they only just upgraded the platform they were originally working with, everything would have been better and WordPress is not a good forum software, but what's done is done, and things are lost. Maybe we can build something here and they will fix issues there and there can be on both, or we'll just see where this goes and keep building this into something better. Thanks for the props. And welcome aboard! ❤

Great to "see" you here, Kay. I would like to see challenges and group participation, instead of individual posting, that basically garner a virtual pat on the back. Easy to see why, as the art here is great. Some more critique would be helpful. If I figured out the new WC, I can figure out this. Is "start conversation" like a PM?

Great to "see" you here, Kay. I would like to see challenges and group participation, instead of individual posting, that basically garner a virtual pat on the back. Easy to see why, as the art here is great. Some more critique would be helpful. If I figured out the new WC, I can figure out this. Is "start conversation" like a PM?
I am not sure if there is a critique thread here or not, but I would definitely say you are open to critiques in your threads/posts. Otherwise people can get their noses all out of joint and this is why folks stopped doing it. We were encouraged not to offer unless requested in WC.

PaintBoss, thank you. I want to improve, and WC was more into critique years ago. Everyone has different goal; I get that. But I am not here for a participation trophy. :giggle:

Hi Joy! Happy you're here and seeing some friends from WC.

Some of the verbiage here is a little strange (like conversations vs private messages/PMs) but you get used to it. :)

About critique, we don't have any hard and fast rules on this. As we gain more members it might be a good time to hash this out. For now, just inviting C&C in your signature will make it clear you want it. And of course offer some where it's asked for.

Please keep posting and have fun here!

Totally cool. You want to grow. I get that. Excellent.
Do you remember the DJ, Johnny Fever, on the old tv show, WKRP In Cincinnati? It’s like he said, “ Give it to me STRAIGHT Doctor, I CAN TAKE IT!”😁

Totally cool. You want to grow. I get that. Excellent.
Do you remember the DJ, Johnny Fever, on the old tv show, WKRP In Cincinnati? It’s like he said, “ Give it to me STRAIGHT Doctor, I CAN TAKE IT!”😁
Omg - I haven't thought about that show in years. But it was funny!! I still recall the Thanksgiving episode where they tossed live turkeys out of a helicopter....it didn't go well. 🤣

Anyway, your point is taken. People can ask for crit, swear they want it, and then still get kinda butt-hurt when it's offered. I've never seen a forum where it goes smoothly all the time. But I agree it's the best way to learn, especially when given in a fair and impartial way.

Thanks so much Kay for being inspiration to me and others with your bright colors, and doing great deed as serving as Mods both at WC and here.

Back