Hi everyone

Oh I agree! I think members on the other one are going to be falling like flies. There is no way to find a new post without opening every thread and you can't find anything, half of it doesn't work and I am not seeing any improvements. This site is easy on the eyes and very easy to navigate. I hope to see it grow. (y)

I thought of asking Yorky over, but I can plainly see how much he has to do there. No way he can help out here even if he wanted to. There's a lot of loyalty there and I don't know if this site will grow or not. I was told by mjp that it takes a long time. He runs the Bukowski forum and only had 15 members for the first long while and it took almost a year before he got many members. Now there's 6500 members there. I will have to be patient and keep at this if I want it to succeed.

the Bukowski forum and only had 15 members for the first long while
The first 100 members always seem impossible to find. But after that, it gets easier.

A lot of people won't join a forum with 50 members, but they'll join if there are 500.

It's just perception. If it looks like the forum is active (and this one is active), it's easier to draw in new members.

First off, I want to thank Artyczar for inviting me over from WC. Secondly, thanks to Carol Es for starting this forum. It is also pleasing to see some many familiar faces. My only negative thoughts was the loss of so many fine posts in the archive of WC, but now I can put that thought away. I just saw a post from Yorky, posted today on WC: "Yes, access to the archive of the old site would be good but I fear it may have been lost."

I'm sad about what happened at WC, but I've been in enough real doctor's examination rooms with sterile white walls over the past sixteen years to want to visit what looks like a virtual one when I can visit a hamish place like this instead.

For those who are not members of the tribe... hamish

access to the archive of the old site would be good but I fear it may have been lost.
The contents of this forum (and the database that it runs on) are automatically backed up to a remote server every night.

The most that could ever be lost would be about 8 to 12 hours worth of posts. And even that kind of loss would require a catastrophic failure of the site, which is pretty unlikely.

First off, I want to thank Artyczar for inviting me over from WC. Secondly, thanks to Carol Es for starting this forum. It is also pleasing to see some many familiar faces. My only negative thoughts was the loss of so many fine posts in the archive of WC, but now I can put that thought away. I just saw a post from Yorky, posted today on WC: "Yes, access to the archive of the old site would be good but I fear it may have been lost."

I'm pretty sure Carol Es and Arty are one in the same ;) but thank YOU! I'm so glad to have this here as an alternative to WC. Wet Canvas will still be there for us too. :)

I'm sad about what happened at WC, but I've been in enough real doctor's examination rooms with sterile white walls over the past sixteen years to want to visit what looks like a virtual one when I can visit a hamish place like this instead.

For those who are not members of the tribe... hamish

It makes me very sad too. There was a wealth of information there that was helpful to every artist on earth. :(

It truly is a shame. But I just don't feel comfortable there, the way I did at the old site.
I think you are echoing how most of us feel. I just have better things to do that sit and try to figure out how to make every move. No way to find unread posts, and you have to open every thread to see if anyone has posted since your last visit. When you do make a post you have to scroll half a page before you can submit the reply. You have the choice of a black background but every time you open a new page, it is bright white for a while before it jumps to black. The whole thing is just annoying. I think you are right about this site being hamish. :giggle:

Hi Kay! Nice to see you and everyone. This site already feels so comfortable. Glad I am in at the beginning. Thanks to Carol and Artyczar for making it happen. My instincts were telling me you may be one and the same. :)But then I thought I might be having a brainfog. So glad to hear my instincts were right. Because I messaged Carol and then thought I mixed members up in my mind.
Anyways, I totally lost interest over on the other site when one of the moderators, exasperated by people reporting tech issues or suggestions (thread subjects, mind you), called another member’s perfectly acceptable post and others like it- well all the poster’s attitudes actually- as being angsty. She really reacted and made one guy‘s comment out as some weird threat against WC. SO WEIRD. It wasn’t. At all. She mainly wanted people to stop complaining or reporting on those appropriate threads, and go straight to the techs. I can only imagine she was defensive and exasperated. I thought, after a moderator/ admin talking like that, I didn’t feel like spending time there. Really talked down to members when they had problems and were thanking the staff for their efforts. Things didn’t work either. They are buried with issues. Poor Yorky is right! Nice man, I have met him.👍🏻
So I think I am done.

Back