Greetings from SWFL

MrBungle

Hello,

My name is Dan and wanted to introduce myself. I got an art degree from AIP in 99.. Got a job as a sys admin and was widowed 20 years later. I’m now trying to find myself again with art since the computer thing is just not a viable option anymore. I’m just different these days. I been transitioning into digital art on my iPad from traditional.

Type of art I do is I’m not sure. Maybe a little sci fi, dystopian surrealism horror? Is that a thing? LoL. - I’m trying to find a group to discuss art topics with and gain some friends.

Thanks you,
Dan

Thank you everyone. Here’s a couple finished pieces that I did when I first got my iPad And the first thing I have drawn in twenty years lol. all hand done without using any features of procreate. Changing your workflow to digital has been a somewhat of a challenge. I spent a month just learning procreate and currently adapting a new workflow Using layers and blending modes. I’m working on a piece now that incorporates alot of what I have learned. I’m a little slow too lol.

Attachments

• IMG_0242.jpeg
    IMG_0242.jpeg
    119.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0237.jpeg
    IMG_0237.jpeg
    103.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0241.jpeg
    IMG_0241.jpeg
    91.9 KB · Views: 43
Welcome, Dan! We're glad to have you on board!

Your work definitely makes me think Sci Fi, and I'm impressed with all your details. Very eye- grabbing stuff!

Keep posting and have fun! :)

Thank you everyone. Here’s a couple finished pieces that I did when I first got my iPad And the first thing I have drawn in twenty years lol. all hand done without using any features of procreate. Changing your workflow to digital has been a somewhat of a challenge. I spent a month just learning procreate and currently adapting a new workflow Using layers and blending modes. I’m working on a piece now that incorporates alot of what I have learned. I’m a little slow too lol.
I detect a whiff of H. R. Giger in your examples. Are you an admirer of his?

Welcome to the forums Dan! 👋 Hope you're settling in well. Love the detail in your work.

Where abouts is SWFL? And what is AIP? (It helps to write out abbreviations, to lessen confusion - it's a forum rule) 🙂

Welcome to the forums Dan! 👋 Hope you're settling in well. Love the detail in your work.

Where abouts is SWFL? And what is AIP? (It helps to write out abbreviations, to lessen confusion - it's a forum rule) 🙂
I’m in Punta Gorda and AIP is the art institute of Pittsburgh 😇

Hi Dan and welcome to the forums! I'm loving your intricate, Giger-esque work! So impressive. I'm so sorry to hear that you were widowed after only 20 years. :( I'm glad you are here though and think you will get a lot of support in your journey in art. We also have a few computer-savvy peoples here too. I think you're in good company. :) Please keep posting more work. I think you will make a lot of friends.

Hi Dan and welcome to the forums! I'm loving your intricate, Giger-esque work! So impressive. I'm so sorry to hear that you were widowed after only 20 years. :( I'm glad you are here though and think you will get a lot of support in your journey in art. We also have a few computer-savvy peoples here too. I think you're in good company. :) Please keep posting more work. I think you will make a lot of friends.
Thank you vey much 😇

Back