Frustrated with online purchasing

I would maybe try to get a refund on some of those if you did not like them, even if they were due to pigments being different. If you are unsatisfied, you are an unsatisfied customer, no matter the reason. Second, I would get advice from experienced pastel users here, and anywhere else you can, then based on that, maybe spring for the best, if you can. I find the better the materials, the nicer and easier they work--instead of going through a bunch of cheaper stuff and ending up spending the same in the long run. If you can afford it. Once you hone-in on a brand, you can look around for the best deal for those supplies. That's the best advice I can give, not being a pastel person. I use oil pastels rarely and personally prefer (or use) Sennelier.
Would agree, but have not run across other pastelists around here, unfortunately. It's still likely to be personal preferences in the long run, but at least I would be able to see the sticks live and maybe touch them. Yeah, found out a long time ago that pro materials are better; just my pockets aren't endlessly deep and pastel is particularly expensive.

Back