Do you bake?

Here are the leftover cookies from yesterday. I baked about 40 and decorated them meticulously, but I FORGOT TO TAKE A PICTURE!!! Damn! Now they are gone to friends and neighbors. But here are some of Hannah's creations. These are homemade gingerbread cookies I made from scratch (frosting too)!

leftover-cookies.jpg

Hello all — It’s been a while! I’m jumping in here because I absolutely love to bake. I tried a new recipe for a blue cheese & walnut shortbread last week and I think it’s a keeper. I have friends who love savory cheese cookies with their beer, so I’ll be making them again. :). Let’s see if I remember how to post an in-line photo:

6A4CC5BE-7A0F-4EDA-93E4-365680F2E8AD.jpeg

Ok, now I’ve read the entire thread… :)

Alabama Jama, thank you for starting this post! That is one beautiful heart-shaped brownie!

Amo, I have also baked mostly gluten-free/wheat-free since 2010 when my BF learned that he is allergic to wheat. I agree that a real gf doughnut or sour dough bread is only a dream, and he was a doughnut junky, but I’ve found or created some recipes that help with that missing gf texture thing. E.g., Try making small cream puffs using a gf flour mix (no xanthan).

Ams, those recipes are interesting!

Triduana, that brings back memories of when my mother would make a fruitcake in November (?) and store it in the kitchen ‘lazy Susan’, covered in a cloth that she would regularly feed with booze. Lol!

Nikki, your pumpkin cake is gorgeous!

Donna T, those spider cookies are so cute!

Terri, that is a beautiful apple pie!

Artyczar, Hannah’s cookies are super cute, but I wish you had photos of yours too! One of my finest creations ever was the huge tiered cake that I made for my sister‘s engagement party many years ago…. I covered it in dozens of handmade roses (from homemade marzipan). It was gorgeous. And there wasn’t a single photo taken of it. :p

I love those old recipes! They make the best gingerbreads. Yum. Which reminds me of the year I made gingerbread men cookies to hang on the Xmas tree. Every day after work I would find one on the floor, but its head was always missing. One day I finally knew what was happening when I watched my cat knock a cookie off tree and eat the head. Lol!

My humble attempt at skillet fried bread...

1675203089668.jpeg

These things are freakin delicious, even my wife likes them. So simple, two cups King Arthur self rising unbleached flour, one cup whole wheat flour, butter, milk, and a hot cast iron skillet with high temp oil. About ten minutes to prepare, about the same to fry them and then retire to a warming toaster oven.
Tear them apart and slather with butter, jam or honey or maple syrup, or all of that. Moderation? Meh

My humble attempt at skillet fried bread...

View attachment 28101

These things are freakin delicious, even my wife likes them. So simple, two cups King Arthur self rising unbleached flour, one cup whole wheat flour, butter, milk, and a hot cast iron skillet with high temp oil. About ten minutes to prepare, about the same to fry them and then retire to a warming toaster oven.
Tear them apart and slather with butter, jam or honey or maple syrup, or all of that. Moderation? Meh
Looks amazing. I'll be there shortly, so put the coffee pot on!

:ROFLMAO:

Back