Do you bake?

Perhaps moderation in all things is the path to happiness. That way we can eat whatever appeals to us, but in moderation. Eating one doughnut is fine. The second one goes straight to the hips.

yes i say that about pizza, have one piece, and i swear its healthy if you only have one bc you need some fat and calcium per day.. but i guess youd need to eat healthy that day in other things you ate..

On the other hand, I confess I believe that Blake could have been right as well:

“The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom.”
William Blake

Goo

Good luck with that.
I’ve been on it for 3 years now. It’s the best I have felt all my life. Yes, I’m sure just getting off all sugar and high carb foods would make a world of difference. I was never much much of one to cook but the recipes are normally for one so makes it quick and easy. I’m glad you were able to change your diet to get healthier. My husband said I was a “very self disciplined” person. I think he ment that in a good way.😀

We need to enjoy life where we can. No judgment from me.
I do agree with enjoying life and sometimes eating particular foods can stop one from being healthy and enjoying all life has to offer.

Reactions: amo
I lost a lot of weight over the last year on the Noom program which is psychology and science based. You still can eat what you want, it's just about moderation while it teaches you what food are actually good for you so you can make healthier choices. And also, not to lose weight too quickly so you can keep it off. I lost the first 25 before I started the program, which took almost two years, then I started on Noom last December and lost the other 25. Since I've been under a lot of stress lately, I've been making some bad choices and gained about four pounds back over the last two months. I gotta stop eating cookies! :ROFLMAO:

I do agree with enjoying life and sometimes eating particular foods can stop one from being healthy and enjoying all life has to offer.
I agree. However, I currently find myself sick again even though I'm doing "everything right." Either I'm missing something or there are factors outside of my control. After years and years of research and self experimentation, I don't actually think I'm missing something. I'm just sick and tired, like I was before I changed all my habits. I'll keep trying stuff, though. Docs haven't been much help.

We've made a few changes: my SIL doesn't eat green bells, so we use a red or yellow bell pepper instead.
He also doesn't like mushrooms, so only 1/2 the mushrooms.
We use 1/2 sausage, 1/2 beef, only 2-3 eggs, shredded (not cubed) mozzarella
It's a pretty forgiving recipe, actually.
I hope you all like it!

I lost a lot of weight over the last year on the Noom program which is psychology and science based. You still can eat what you want, it's just about moderation while it teaches you what food are actually good for you so you can make healthier choices. And also, not to lose weight too quickly so you can keep it off. I lost the first 25 before I started the program, which took almost two years, then I started on Noom last December and lost the other 25. Since I've been under a lot of stress lately, I've been making some bad choices and gained about four pounds back over the last two months. I gotta stop eating cookies! :ROFLMAO:
Do you pay for Noom?

Noom: yes. I think it was $150 for about a year or something. It comes with a 1 on 1 coach and all the lessons, etc.

4002A614-7F79-41DC-B22B-B74748E5881D.jpeg

Carmel heart shaped brownie with frosting and marshmallows ..

About 4 years ago I made an effort to get Domino's Pizza to produce a bowl of pizza toppings, similar to the casserole I noted above. I guess they never did, but Papa John is now advertising one!

Back