Do you bake?

Mississippi Hippie

I must admit I have only baked perhaps 5 or 6 sort of desserts and and mainly good at taste and preparation, not look.

Desserts, Breads, and other BAKED GOODs? Did you bake it? What is it?
92ECB6F4-543E-453D-9C31-B8098ECBF58A.jpeg

A heart shaped, white frosting with American flag sprinkles.. happy Memorial Day…

And a strawberry bundt cake with strawberry icing and sprinkles
CC63D619-3D66-4FD1-838E-F4405C8E64E6.jpeg

Tree Shaped Two Layer Chocolate Fudge

You know what I mean! High temps and smothering humidity for months to come!

You did a great job! I'd gladly have a slice of either (or both!) of these.

I don't bake as often as I used to - I was all up in holiday baking and I've backed off. Christmas cookies (2 different kinds, one involved using a cookie press), various dinner rolls, breads - I liked it!

Nowadays, I limit my baking to fruit pies. I have a wonderful pie crust recipe and always make it from scratch, then either canned tart cherries or sliced fresh apples go in. They are both wonderful. Occasionally I'll make a banana bread or crescent rolls, but that's about it.

Did I mention I also weigh less than I used to? ;) But I still find baking - cooking in general, really - therapeutic and creative. A bit of art in the kitchen, as it were.

LOL i took these pictures really fast... the first pic is from yesterday... didnt notice someone was in back of first photo.. or beer even..
You did a great job! I'd gladly have a slice of either (or both!) of these.

I don't bake as often as I used to - I was all up in holiday baking and I've backed off. Christmas cookies (2 different kinds, one involved using a cookie press), various dinner rolls, breads - I liked it!

Nowadays, I limit my baking to fruit pies. I have a wonderful pie crust recipe and always make it from scratch, then either canned tart cherries or sliced fresh apples go in. They are both wonderful. Occasionally I'll make a banana bread or crescent rolls, but that's about it.

Did I mention I also weigh less than I used to? ;) But I still find baking - cooking in general, really - therapeutic and creative. A bit of art in the kitchen, as it were.
i enjoy baking for holidays.
i am trying to loose weight... i have been baking desserts because it is both healthier and cost less... i got a workout in today already at like 8am because of eating slices of the bundt and heart sheet cake last night... lol i was so needing to cardio lol

So, AJ, you're on a sugar high from all that icing and candy - you wash it down with the pink India pale ale - and chase it with a blast of Reddi Whip! My friend, you are living LARGE! :ROFLMAO:
so funny! lol.. didnt notice the beer took the picture really quick to send to a friend..

Those pictures make me wanna eat those all up.

I haven't baked in a long time, but I like making gingerbread cookies from scratch during the holidays, and sometimes I like to make brownies. That's really about it. I've been wanting to make a cake in recent months. But, I've been on a diet.

I love baking. I don't do it often*, but when the mood takes me I go for it. Bread, biscuits and cakes. We treated ourselves to a food mixer a couple of years ago and now I love making bread even more. I'm still trying to perfect my baguette-making though!

*during the Covid lockdown we were taking it in turns to bake something. We bought a new book and started working our way through it. We are talking unhealthy baked goods at least twice a week. I put on a lot of weight. 😄

Goo
I bake/cook most my foods as I have gone to a Keto lifestyle.
Good luck with that. I did not have the self discipline and will power for keto, but instead just went low carb. I eliminated all cane sugar from my diet and only rarely ate potatoes, rice, or bread. I ate normally otherwise, including fatty meat and butter. I ate a lot of cheese and avocados. My cholesterol levels stayed normal. Over less than a year I managed to lose almost 10 kg. I never felt deprived, with the exception of my beloved bread!

When I first went gluten-free, I baked. Learned how to make substitutions for everything I was missing. Learned there are no adequate substitutes for (Southern USA) biscuits, true sourdough bread, and doughnuts, which is all the gluteny goodness I ever really cared about anyway. So I quit baking. Since then, I found some doughnuts that are . . . . okay. Or maybe I just don't know the difference anymore after being gluten free for over a decade.

I've done keto and low carb. Lost 40 pounds. Went through a divorce and a pandemic. Found it all again.

I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do about the weight (keto? low carb?) but I'm pretty sure I won't take up baking :)

When I first went gluten-free, I baked. Learned how to make substitutions for everything I was missing. Learned there are no adequate substitutes for (Southern USA) biscuits, true sourdough bread, and doughnuts, which is all the gluteny goodness I ever really cared about anyway. So I quit baking. Since then, I found some doughnuts that are . . . . okay. Or maybe I just don't know the difference anymore after being gluten free for over a decade.

I've done keto and low carb. Lost 40 pounds. Went through a divorce and a pandemic. Found it all again.

I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do about the weight (keto? low carb?) but I'm pretty sure I won't take up baking :)
omg baking is so unhealthy but i cant stop.. more power to ya

Back