December 2023 Water Media Challenge

Sanlynn, awwww, love your snowman, too. Like Fletch says, fun to see the differences.

joe1lt, wow, excellent on the cat and rooster. You are figuring out watercolor on you pad as well!

Fletch, thanks, you need to do a quick watercolor sketch for here as well. Great practice and no pressure!

Thanks to all, I'm smiling now.

Here are your references to paint in watermedia this month.

You can use any watermedia such as watercolor, diluted acrylic, gouache, ink, acrylic ink, etc.

Post within this thread any time during the month.

The images this month are from Pixabay.

Christmas Cactus

View attachment 36763

Cockerel

View attachment 36764

Fox

View attachment 36765

Kitten

View attachment 36766

Cabin by the Lake

View attachment 36767

Fall Leaves

View attachment 36768

Give me a Hand

View attachment 36769

Snowman

View attachment 36770

Winter bouquet

View attachment 36771

Water Lily

View attachment 36772
Posting something is my pre Xmas challenge ... wonderful choices. Thanks.

Here are your references to paint in watermedia this month.

You can use any watermedia such as watercolor, diluted acrylic, gouache, ink, acrylic ink, etc.

Post within this thread any time during the month.

The images this month are from Pixabay.

Christmas Cactus

View attachment 36763

Cockerel

View attachment 36764

Fox

View attachment 36765

Kitten

View attachment 36766

Cabin by the Lake

View attachment 36767

Fall Leaves

View attachment 36768

Give me a Hand

View attachment 36769

Snowman

View attachment 36770

Winter bouquet

View attachment 36771

Water Lily

View attachment 36772
Have had a need to either renew :) or toss one of my old favourites. Have gone as far as I think I can with water media. All mixed with 70% alcohol: watercolour, gouache - white, acrylic, and porcelain paint. But, I do have some fabric paint somewhere! I'll go there first.
waterPurse_20231205080527.jpg

JennieJo, very nice. I haven't ever tried painting on fabric but I love the result.

Here's another snowman. It has turned out to be pretty popular. I'll be using it on our Christmas letter.

It's about 4"x7" in XL Mixed Media Sketchbook. I start with a pencil drawing, add ink and then add the watercolor.

20231204Sk9 Snowman (Water Media-CS).png

Joe, great job on the digi watercolour! The cat is adorable.
Jennie-Jo, that is really cool!
Anne, love your cute snowman!

JennieJo, very nice. I haven't ever tried painting on fabric but I love the result.

Thanks Ams. I blame my dad :) he always said: I don't mind throwing things out, I just like to fix-em up somehow if I can. This has transferred to me doing what we still call upcycling. It's really just remembering my Dad's ways for my grandkids.

Have had a need to either renew :) or toss one of my old favourites. Have gone as far as I think I can with water media. All mixed with 70% alcohol: watercolour, gouache - white, acrylic, and porcelain paint. But, I do have some fabric paint somewhere! I'll go there first.View attachment 36873
Won't post it, had to use generic brush markers to get more detail and a bit of green. Just about to fix it.

Anne, your little guy is very cheerful done in the line and wash.
JennieJo, love this painting on an object, too!
Adorable cat and rooster, Joe!

Reactions: ams
JennieJo, I love the little bag. Well done and great memory.

Anne another super drawing. You snowman will be a great card.

Reactions: ams
This is watercolor on Arches 140CP, about 6 x 5. Overworked, as usual. I had left some bright white highlights with mask originally, but they looked so unnatural I painted over them.

IMG_2084.jpeg

Lovely Joy. I know what you mean about the mask. I rarely use it for the same reason.

I love your flow of color from brown to gold.

Love your autumn leaves, Joy. Somehow I missed seeing this one. It looks great and have to admit that's why I don't use masking fluid as it is too unnatural and hard edged.

Thanks Anne for hosting this month. I'll post January in a few moments. We still need host volunteers please...

Back