Cuppa

Enyaw

namuh
10.jpg

Wayne Gaudon .. Alla Prima .. 11 x 14 oil on paper ... Back in the old days there were tea cups ..mostly everybody had them, few used them .. not everyday Royalty drops in ...

Thank you Sno and Joe and Bart.

Sno, I used one of our Royal Alberty cups as a reference for interpatation. And yes, we use ours whenever we have company as our friends and relatives and Royal genuine people.

We definitely don't use delicate cups like this for a "cuppa (joe)". Coffee calls for something bigger and a bit more hearty. My wife and I both became hooked on good coffee and good tea (as well as good beer) when I was just out of art school and too poor for many other "luxuries". We have a couple of Japanese handmade cups that we use for tea and one larger Japanese cup that is really for something like Ramen but I use it for my morning coffee. My wife's favorite cups include one shaped like a pink octopus (another Japanese cup) and a mug with cartoon images of our two pups.

Thank you Donna.

Stk.. we drank it from the bottle. It was manly at the time. 🤣 When we were young. Coffee and tea were for old people.

Thank you Jama.

The only time I remember drinking deer from the bottle was when we were brown bagging it... wandering around the Suburb of NYC, Hoboken, and drinking 40 ouncers (absolute swill... malt liquor) out of the brown bag so we wouldn't get cited by the cops. When we started drinking good beer... Belgian Ales, German Beers, British Stouts, and Ales... it had to be out of a glass so that you could get the smells as well as the taste. I started drinking coffee while still in art school. We had a small chain of coffee houses called Arabica around Cleveland. They might have become competition for Starbucks had the banks been forward-thinking and invested in them when they asked. The Arabica near my art school was open until 2 AM or later. We'd go there after an evening of beers and Buffalo wings in order to sober up a bit. The Arabica had multiple small rooms and niches while lined bookshelves and chessboards and we'd play chess and drink coffee for an hour or two. We joked about writing a proposal to the US for a study on the effects of depressants on strategic planning as a result of the fact that my abilities at chess seemed to decline as I sobered up. :p 😜

Back