Country Road #3

Trier

Supporting Member
I took #2 version and tried to make acrylic prints of the bones of it to experiment with, but although the 'prints' were a mess, I used one anyway.

"prints"
P1000301.JPG

"Wildflowers By Country Road"
P1000325Wildflowers by roadM1.JPG

Lots to improve on, but I like the wonky poles and outlines anyway.

I LOVE this version! Wow! The wonky poles are perfect, as far as I'm concerned. And you can't go wrong with outlines, not in my book. I love seeing them.

That top bit of vivid blue sky is killing me! 👏

This is wonderful, Trier!

Very clever of you to get that outline like this, like an image transfer. Saved you some sketching time, kept the proportions you wanted - and you ended up with this gorgeous painting. Way to go!

Hey Terri, Thanks ! I am grateful for your comments, they help a lot.

ok then .. did not read that as sky because of the heavy out line :)
No, you read it right, the blue represents the distant mountains and the heavy outline does separate it from the sky; it's just that I felt the road would go up the mountains and into the sky, but there are no visual clues as to my feeling, so you are entirely correct as a normal person and I was being idiosyncratic.
Thanks for following along.

This is a knockout, Trier! Such gorgeous colors and like Terri said, that vivid blue sky is something! Making a print to work from was a very good idea and it worked so well. I'll be back to admire this many more times. The sky in itself is worthy of studying and I think if I look long enough the clouds will actually move! :)

This is a knockout, Trier! Such gorgeous colors and like Terri said, that vivid blue sky is something! Making a print to work from was a very good idea and it worked so well. I'll be back to admire this many more times. The sky in itself is worthy of studying and I think if I look long enough the clouds will actually move! :)
Thanks a million Donna !

Wow, now you are really getting bold with colors! It's like a fanatical fantasy, a very exciting one.

Always love your diagonals and comp. and your strong stained glass like divisions. 😍

Back