Coffee Hut

Bongo

hut.jpg

I was here when they first opened. At the time there was already Starbucks on the 4 corners at the end of the street and I thought - Coffee Hut won't last the year. Now 15 years later not only are they still here but now there are two Starbucks and a Java Jane on the 4corners. I don't get it. Then again I was the one that advised Jeff Bezos to stick to selling books.

there was no good place to set up. The sign blocked half the building -- so I turned it into a car getting coffee at the drive thru.
20230810_160833_copy_800x600_1.jpg

blocking in
20230810_163044_copy_600x800.jpg

Coffee Hut - oil on 18"x14" panel

coffeehut.jpg

comments welcomed

So far, one of my favorites! I love all the little details in this (the poles and such). Excellent Bongo! ♥️

I like the negative shape that the sky makes in this one, Bongo; such a good composition! Do you tone your panels ahead of time? The little bits of orange look great where they peek through. Another urban beauty!

thanks Ayin!
Donna - recently started applying orange acrylic after the gesso. This painting is a little dark overall, when you paint in strong sunlight - you can tend to compensate for the bright light by painting darker (than it should be).

Back