Abiword HTML Document
Okay, besides being an comment on the artistic value of this painting, the

PU tag stands for PolyUrethane to help me identify which paintings I have

made using this as a medium,

This one is a mixture of polyurethane clear finish coating with dry pigments

mixed in it , and PU with acrylic paint mixed in it, and some with both the

dry and acrylic added together. The experts I have contacted all advise

against adding any thing to the PU,

This painting is two weeks old now, and I am watching to see what happens.

I could not find anything on the net for doing this; flying blind.

I have wondered sometimes if there really is/was a “braintree”: my version
P1000671BraintreeRd M2.JPG

18x23 in PU on ungessoed paper

C&C

Trier, back when I wore a younger man's clothes, I painted a few plaster of Paris sculptures with polyester fibreglass resin with admixtures of various dry pigments. I did not add any hardening catalyst (usually a ketonic peroxide), but found that it cured to a very hard mass when baked at about 120° C in an oven. I had to open all the windows to get rid of the unpleasant toxic fumes! This also hardened the plaster of Paris, because the resin was drawn into the plaster. All the colours I used were completely stable.

I don't know if it is the PU that does it but the painting has a bit of transparency to it. Well done.

Trier, back when I wore a younger man's clothes, I painted a few plaster of Paris sculptures with polyester fibreglass resin with admixtures of various dry pigments. I did not add any hardening catalyst (usually a ketonic peroxide), but found that it cured to a very hard mass when baked at about 120° C in an oven. I had to open all the windows to get rid of the unpleasant toxic fumes! This also hardened the plaster of Paris, because the resin was drawn into the plaster. All the colours I used were completely stable.
Hey Hermes - thanks for the ineresting info. I think it will probably come in handy if I keep messing around with materials. Did the resin have a translucent or opaque quality when you were done?

BTW, I still wear a younger man's clothes, but they fit very loosley as it was 30# and 30yrs ago when I last had the muscle to fill them out.

I hope you are enjoying retirement.

I don't know if it is the PU that does it but the painting has a bit of transparency to it. Well done.
Thanks a lot for the comment Sno, I am really glad you can see some transparency to it because that was one of my main motivating factors for trying PU as a medium. I feel good about that.

Interesting to see what,if anything happens. Ilike the composition a lot
Thank you very much Laf, it's interesting to me as apparently not too many people have tried this, and I may find some things totally unexpected.

Back