Bindi the Great Dane

jennaboo88

Hello there!

This is one of my recent drawings. This is Bindi the Great Dane, a gorgeous dog that I've sort of gotten to know through an Instagram account I follow. One photo of this magnificent dog spoke to me so much that I got in touch with Bindi's owner (and photographer) to see if I could be granted permission to draw Bindi. I am happy to say her owner was not only in favor of it, but was thrilled by the idea.

So here's the resulting drawing. Bindi is 8x10 inches in size. I drew her using Sakura Pigma Micron pens sized 003 - 03, and used Strathmore 500 series Bristol Plate paper.

I recently learned that this drawing earned a place among the 100 finalists for Southwest Art Magazine's Artistic Excellence Competition. :)

I hope you like the drawing. C&C welcome. Thank you for looking!

View attachment 11162
Here's a couple of close-ups.
View attachment 11163View attachment 11164View attachment 11165

Wow, that's gorgeous! I love the perspective. :)
Thank you Kay! The perspective was what I loved so much about the photo. There was such drama and a sense of size in this angle. I loved it, and I'm glad it comes through in my drawing as well. :)

amazing work.. just wish you set the image (drag and drop works, ctrl+p or this little button
1634400903611.png
) and not attach it :)

Very cool. A girlfriend from many moons ago had a black Dane with flop ears... they look way better that way than cropped.

amazing work.. just wish you set the image (drag and drop works, ctrl+p or this little button View attachment 11201) and not attach it :)
Thank you so much, Federico! That's so helpful to know! I'd copied and pasted this from my thread in a different channel, and I think that's where my images went awry. Thanks for the tip!

Very cool. A girlfriend from many moons ago had a black Dane with flop ears... they look way better that way than cropped.
Thank you, musket! I agree - the natural, floppy ears make them look kind and more expressive. They're quite an amazing-looking dog, aren't they?

Fabulous, Jenna! The Great Dane is the state dog of PA. using the mountain icon to upload my images, it shows directly in the body of the post.

Beautiful, Jen, another wonderful piece. And congrats on the placement in the Artistic Excellence Competition. It is well deserved, and best wishes to you for the final judging. I'd give it a Blue Ribbon!

Apologies for missing your selection as a finalist. Congrats! I was so mesmerized by the work I did not read the entire post!

Back