Baseline

Artyczar

I guess I'm still finding some pieces that I've not posted here before.

I was busy last week staging my studio for a mini documentary with a local organization that creates arts programs for K-6 students in our public schools. They match up desert artists to either go into classrooms or do videos with the artists in their studios. Based on the video, they then create a simplified project for the students to create. The school has no other source of arts funding otherwise. In my case, they focused on my mixed media series of collages (paper, fabric, and oil paint on birch panels).

For the video, I had a bunch of these pieces hanging all over my studio room, and I did a demonstration of how I make them. The documentary and student kraft project will be edited and released on their website before the spring. I'll be sure to keep you posted when it comes out.

randrstudio.jpg

This is a small piece I did in 2015 called Baseline from the series. It's 10 x 10 inches.

baseline.jpg

I love your studio. The desert painting (far left) looks amazing, set on a birch panel (?) as are the collages. Lucky students. Hopefully we will get to see the documentary footage. I like the "PUPPETS" object on the beautiful display cabinet.

I love the colours and shapes in your artwork, it's very eye-catching.

Your studio is a thing of beauty. I wish I could be that tidy! The project sounds interesting and very worthwhile. (y)

My studio was cleaned for the documentary people! It's pretty organized and clean normally, but not that clean!

Thank you for the nice comments on the art.

Iain, that desert painting to the far left is not on a panel. It's on a canvas. Only the mixed media collages are on the panels. ;)

What a great project for non-funded schools to bring art to their classrooms. I guess someone within the school has donated their time to produce the video for the students. I think this would be a worthwhile project for any school district. Love your studio and the projects you have created.

It's so nice to have a peek at your studio and I love the Baseline piece! Thank you for promoting creativity in young people; who knows how it may impact their lives. I look forward to the documentary and will no doubt be inspired.

Hey, you clean up well! ;)

It looks great! Can't wait to hear more about how it went. I'm sure it was nerve-wracking but awesome.

Your birch panel collages are incredible! I'll trouble you for that canvas on the far left, please. Thanks so much! 🤪

Thank you Wayne. That one is called Flintlock Terrace. :)

Thanks Sanlynn. The organization is called GroundworkARTS that goes into these schools. They are so amazing to do this.

I'm glad you like my studio space Jo. I worked hard to clean it up! :ROFLMAO:

Thank you so much Donna. I hope the kids will be inspired too. (Fingers crossed!)

Yes Terri, my nerves were frayed, but I got through it, and glad I did it. Thank you for the nice compliments on the series. The one on the far left will be in my next show. ;)

Thanks for showing your studio and those nice pieces of artwork on the wall.
Good on you for doing that for he kids.(y)

How do you source such wonderful fabrics? It is like with Joseph Cornell, I would have liked to have been on his shoulder as he perused the materials for his boxes. I love the playfulness/humour behind your soft sculpture. "Poodlelegus Hindis." is no exception!😁

They say poodles are one of the top smartest dog breeds. So it shouldn't have lifted an eyebrow seeing one in attendance at a lecture on psychology.😁 All Schopenhauer's poodles were named Atman, a Sanskrit word for "true self.'" Apparently.

I didn't know that.

I find the fabric in thrift stores, JoAnn's fabric, or online. I look for the gawdy ones. ;)

Very worthwhile project - hope it's a big success. I like your works - very geometric and angular.

Back