Still gathering ideas.

JennieJo

Experimentalist
Contributing Member
It can take me years, literally, to find tune one of my concepts. I do like to go back to digital editing-I think differently in that space. It's comfortable.

AscentofNoise1000001499-01.jpeg
Today's digital studies into Ascent of Noise series. 2. Acrylic abex, add rough texture and distort. My fave ATM. 3. Number 1 before a lot of editing. 1. First effort today. Acrylic abex on paper, cut and shaped and photographed. Merge with clouds and waves.

Background. (note its all good. It is just what I create) My personal response to many things, mostly out of my control-apart from disengaging. Think social media, news stories, aggression and disrespect.

AscentofNoise1000001511-02.jpeg
AscentofNoise1000001502-10.jpeg

These are all excellent. Beautiful shapes, line and colors. I'm drawn into every one of them.

Wow! Great work.

I really like these, however you get there. They are very compelling. Well done images and concepts. :)

I find the first lyrically lovely- to me, it stands alone although should likely be double or triple matted/revealed so it looks like what it is: A gift.

The third is the same, but I think it may need to be done on polished copper. Something about it needs warm metal.

The middle one is wow! powerful. And somewhat chilling. There's such a sense of alarmed response to it.

As if chess pieces came alive and decided to *take steps*....

Good work so far-

I find the first lyrically lovely- to me, it stands alone although should likely be double or triple matted/revealed so it looks like what it is: A gift.

The third is the same, but I think it may need to be done on polished copper. Something about it needs warm metal.

The middle one is wow! powerful. And somewhat chilling. There's such a sense of alarmed response to it.

As if chess pieces came alive and decided to *take steps*....

Good work so far-
Thanks for your thoughts. Very much appreciated. Polished copper ... never done that. I love doing things for the first time.

I got that sense of alarm as I created the middle one. Moving chess pieces, did someone say Dr Who!

I have pondered your thoughts about No. 1. They are wonderful. Thanks, gives me a whole new perspective.

Back