The Flower Series .. I & II

Enyaw

namuh
Flowers1.jpg

Flowers2.jpg

Ok, so I went to the dollar store and bought a few stems of plastic flowers and from there I decided I would make a series of pieces based on the plastic floweres. Here are the first two and I must say they are reserved in my opinion and will get better with time spent on the series. I look forward to developement as I go. If you tag along, I hope you enjoy the ride.
Paler Rider .. Studio Table

Happy to see your flowers again, Wayne! I like the background colors of the top one as well as your green bottle. The bottom one is bright, cheerful - and I'm enjoying the play of flowers in front of the flower painting.

Working with plastic flowers means you're not chasing freshness, and you can make any arrangement you like, too. I'm always interested to see what you come up with! ❤️

Both beautiful with stunning colors! I like a lot the first one and the second one is special with the red flowers 🌹 hidden in the background. Glad 😊 you found these flowers.

Thank you Terri. I can use similar flower arrangements and tind different backgrounds to argument the flowers. That’s the plan anyway.

thanks Moscatel. The painting was a native motive of “The Last Warrior” which I had done some twenty years ago. I took the liberty of using some of the colours and changing it into flowers. I found a Russian artist whose work I like and she is very liberal with color so I am stealing ideas from her and adding them to my art.

You made those plastic flowers look so good! I like the palette of the first one - reminds me of a Morandi somehow. The second one is so interesting with the bouquet in the background. Keep stealing those ideas and being inspired by them!

Welcome back Wayne! ♥️ Those sure don't look like plastic flowers; they look better than real ones. ;)

I've been meaning to make it "down here" to the Still Life forum, but time has been my enemy lately. I will get to all your new posts soon enough. In the meantime, please forgive me. ♥️

You are forgiven for being late. It’s nice to hear from you. ❤️

Thank you. Vincent said he needed a model but the model was only to form ideas and not to copy.

Last edited:
Ah! See me sitting over here smiling? These are great and I love the flowers with flowers on the wall. Keep em coming. :giggle: ❤️ 🌸

Back