Calling all Lucid Dream Artists! An invitation to take part in a Lucid Dreaming & Creativity research project.

ddala

Dear all,

I am conducting a research project which explores the relationship between lucid dreaming and visual arts practices. The research will fulfil a degree requirement in (MSc) Consciousness, Spirituality & Transpersonal Psychology, facilitated by The Alef Trust in partnership with Liverpool John Moores University.

Participants must be aged 18 or over and have experience with the topic. Specifically, this means having a regular visual artistic practice (any medium), having regular lucid dreams, and having made art directly related to their lucid dreams. Note that your involvement will be entirely voluntary, any information you share will be made confidential, will only be used for the research project and will not be shared further. Your participation would include completing a short questionnaire (5-10 minutes to complete), and potentially an online video-call interview (approximately 45 minutes).
If you would like to be involved in the research, please complete this online questionnaire: https://forms.gle/FwoLMTvWQUn8cHB47

Many thanks!

We usually don't allow people to join the forums just to post "advertisements," but I will allow this one and move it to the Opportunities forum for anyone who is interested.

I dream a lot.
Lucid, progressive, historic, revisits to previous times and places, old friends, new faces too, scary ones, in control ones, once in colour i specifically recall etc etc

Never felt a need to paint any one of them.

Actually I stopped taking it. I don’t lucid dream, it said that in the middle of the survey that means you are aware of when you are dreaming, something I don’t experience.

I do have lucid dreams, but not all the time. I'm not interested in doing the survey, however.

Interesting. I do lucid dream, most related to meditation practice. I have done some art related to dreams but ONLY in relation to a the practice. This is approaching deep practice and probably should be something I personally would not recommend without a very good teacher in meditation. Is the study leading or observing only. I would be very cautious here.

I've had them intermittently all my life. They usually involve very real and articulate conversations with a friend or acquaintance over some situation going on, sometimes in real life, sometimes elsewhere. My first lucid dream occurred when I was a child in rural northern California and I was concerned about wolves. My dream was being chased down a road near our house by a wolf. Nothing terrifying but concerning. It stopped when I turned around and faced the wolf and poof, no more dreams about that.

Back