August 2022 Watermedia Challenge

Christel...Very nicely painted! Proportions, fur, and reflections are admirable.

Hydrangea
My watercolour painting is approximately 8" x 11" on 400 gsm Chitrapat watercolour paper (rough). Although Scamall's reference photo was quite crisp with plenty of details, I tried to paint this in an impressionistic manner.

Hydrangeas - WC.jpg

Hydrangea
My watercolour painting is approximately 8" x 11" on 400 gsm Chitrapat watercolour paper (rough). Although Scamall's reference photo was quite crisp with plenty of details, I tried to paint this in an impressionistic manner.
And you succeeded brilliantly!

Cali-Ann, I love the little yellow bird. Excellent.

Scamall, the hydrangea is gorgeous with or without geranium leaves. Ha. I didn't notice until I read your description.

Christel, you always amaze me with your skill in various media. The racoon is so alive.

Balaji, the hydrangea is so beautiful. Sigh.....

Your hydrangea is very delicate and draws in the viewer. Excellent work, Bah!

Here is the siskin, 8x8 watercolor on Masters Touch premium paper using a #1 script liner/rigger painting darks first. White Nights paints, wet on wet and wet on dry.

Siskin Song.jpg

Thank you Kay.
Your siskin is superb! I also love the way your colours blend.

I tried the bike. Learning experience. At least I played in the water. Watercolor in a Canson watercolor sketchbook with waterbrush.

cswater-aug-bike550.jpg

I went over it to darken the background and then overworked it. I also added some ink which I didn't like, but I learned a lot.

bike-2.jpg

Jo: I think you did an awesome job! That was not an easy one to do and you did a great! :)

I tried the bike. Learning experience. At least I played in the water. Watercolor in a Canson watercolor sketchbook with waterbrush.

I went over it to darken the background and then overworked it. I also added some ink which I didn't like, but I learned a lot.

Congratulations! Really nice job! I actually think this is probably the hardest one of the reference photos. You gave me some courage to try it myself maybe in a few days.

Your hydrangea is very delicate and draws in the viewer. Excellent work, Bah!

Here is the siskin, 8x8 watercolor on Masters Touch premium paper using a #1 script liner/rigger painting darks first. White Nights paints, wet on wet and wet on dry.

So sweet! I like the looseness in addition to the details. The highlight on the branch and the glimmer in the eye are so small yet so important!

Back