August 2022 Watermedia Challenge

Balaji: Your waves came out fantastic! I don't know what you're not sure of - the movement and action are excellent!

This hasn't come out the way I wanted it to. But I enjoyed doing it. I guess I'll mull over it for a couple of days and then decide whether I would like to tweak it, and if so how to do it.

By the way, it is a 20 cm x 13 cm watercolour sketch in a 300 gsm Strathmore watercolour sketchbook.

It’s really powerful. I appreciate the contrast between cool and warm tones. It captures how the earth gives way to the water. I am trying to see where you would tweak it and I like it as is!

CaliAnn, Scamall, and Jo...Thank you.
I felt that some darks needed to be pushed to bring more contrast into the sketch. And that is what I have done now.

Turbulent Waters - WC.jpg

Hosting is fun. I’m not sure why people are reluctant to take a spin at it and the same is true on other sites.

A Tiny Yellow Bird (which I now know is a siskin)

I have done very little sketching or painting over the last three or four months. This is something that happens annually for me, not because of mood swings or disinterest, but because of work load and other interests getting in the way. In any case I now have a few days break from work and decided to kick-start this activity once again.

This is an A4 size watercolour sketch on 270 gsm Chitrapat watercolour paper (rough). Thank you Scamall for hosting this event and providing such wonderful reference photos.

Little Yellow Bird.jpg

Back