At Anchor

MurrayG

Contributing Member
Hi folks. It's been a while. A lot of work now a small break. Soft pastels on Canson MT, about 20x10 cm. Looking across to an anchorage on an island. Took my bits and bobs when we went for a swim.
So bright sun. Really felt like I haven't practiced for a while.... Its a start tho. May rework this one later.

IMG_20230727_155644.jpg

This is so nice, Murray! I’m glad you didn’t get detailed with the boats - they look great. Such a fresh, summery scene!

Hi CaliAnn and Donna. Nice to get dusty fingers again. Thanks for the comments. The scene was a small piece of island a distance away and I didn't have my glasses for longer distance so less detail. Thanks.

Hi folks. It's been a while. A lot of work now a small break. Soft pastels on Canson MT, about 20x10 cm. Looking across to an anchorage on an island. Took my bits and bobs when we went for a swim.
So bright sun. Really felt like I haven't practiced for a while.... Its a start tho. May rework this one later.

View attachment 32648
Really nice, it captures the light so well.

Ahhhh, beautiful. Love the lack of detail but shows a clear day.
Thanks Jenny and Jo. It was a hot day, midday, lot of sun, quite a way off. As much detail as I had without glasses. Thanks for the comments, much appreciated

Leaving off the long-range glasses served you well in this one! The island looks shimmering and vague - I can feel the distance in this one. Nice job!

It does look like the sun is hot- nice to have that cool water to create a waft of breeze every so often.

Hi Ayin and Kyle. Thanks for the feedback. I have managed some more paintings as we travel about. I will see what's worth sharing 🤪 the light is intense here and the sun on sea really messes with me. It a learning experience.

Back