Any divergence from the status quo is entirely unintentional and timely

Iain

2 eyes.
A "standalone" title which came while drawing this. Two images, one drawing. Abstracted nature. Ballpoint and marker pen. 2016

Any divergence .jpg

Any d.jpg

Thanks. Yes, I believe it is A3 paper. I have it down as 29.7x42 in cms.

I never thought of it like that. To me, the surface is like velvet or leather, and the technique and/or the medium used gives it an embossed quality, something I find satisfying like letterpress. In all humility, when you have no recognised technical ability, you find ways to compensate, no?
4am here!

I never thought of it like that. To me, the surface is like velvet or leather, and the technique and/or the medium used gives it an embossed quality, something I find satisfying like letterpress. In all humility, when you have no recognised technical ability, you find ways to compensate, no?
4am here!
Maybe a little too humble. :)

I should have said "formal" technical ability. It's late. Or early. I don't have the choice to be anything else but humble considering the quality of the work I have seen here! Plus, I cheat, take shortcuts, maximum impact with minimum effort. Visual art only seemed a possibility about 2014. That is all the time I've been at it, and not continuously. It's not false modesty.

Ok. But he lived to 71 and was still working when he died of pneumonia. Unlike Pollock and Rothko.

These are fascinating Iain! Not sure if the paper is wrinkled or if the shadows are showing in places that make it look wrinkled. It is really well done and quite energetic.

Style is the evolution of your art not something you impose upon your art. I like the ripple movement: a gentle breeze on a flag.

This/these are fantastic! So much meditation in them, sort of obsessive beauty and a commitment, like an aesthetic prayer. Really amazing. I LOVE it. ❤ 🧡🧡

sno, I don't think the paper is wrinkled, may undulate slightly and the ink raises the surface, which is what attracted me. Thank you for your kind comments. It means a lot coming from you.

Wayne, I didn't realise your username was your name in reverse until sno mentioned it. I am glad to be in such good company. Thanks for the heads up on style and your appreciation also. It means a lot.

Artyczar! I am really pleased you like it. I did experience an intensity of concentration with this and the other zen-like ones, but I didn't expect that to be seen. Amazing. Thank you!

Back