Animal & Wildlife Challenge, July 2024

How on earth did I totally miss this month's challenge? I checked several times the beginning of the month and there was not one posted. Perhaps it was buried under other posts. Sorry! Since there was not a challenge (unless I missed that, too) under Watermedia for July, I posted about World Watercolor Month.

Deborah - I am beyond thrilled to see you back and posting your distinctive style at CS! So many regular posting members seemed to have stopped posting a few years ago, and their presence is missed. Since I follow you, I have thought about you often. Love the goat!

Christel- Wonderful rendering and values.
Anne - Love the color added and the simplicity. And the goat is the GOAT! (Surprised no one used that pun yet.) 😜
EP - Great spread - the bee in my fave.

The closest I could come to the photos was one of an emu I did for another challenge a bit back in ink/wash. I am still working on an A & W piece for another challenge . I hope it is okay I posted it again, as I wanted to participate.

Ostrich.jpeg

Joy, I am so glad to be back. I hope to be more consistent.
It is not your fault you missed the challenge. I noticed late on the 2nd of the month there was no post and volunteered to host with some pics on the third when I looked up the schedule and no one was scheduled for the month. I don't think anyone is on the schedule going forward.
It is perfectly fine that you posted your emu. Such a wonderful work of art. That eye is amazing.
Thanks for participating.

Wow, look at you artists doing so well!
Christel, your graphite goat has personality! Love it.

Anne, your emu has a lot of attitude! Well done. Oh, look at your goat. Fun to see.

Queen Bee, your goat in colored pencil is great. (I have no patience for those.)

Eyepaint, always fun to see your pages of stories. Love your style and as usual you make me smile.

Joy, super emu. I like the eye and soft edges.

joe1lt, I do like your sketches and the gestures of the animals. You have good movement.

Good job Joy. I like working with a limited pallet. It's amazing what you can do with just two colors.

Back