Animal And Wildlife Challenge November 2023

Thanks, Patricia. Hopefully that will encourage more to post later in the month, also. I, too, often do not get mine done until late in the month and then may not bother to post, as I feel as if the challenge is "over" and no one will see it.

Joy, you should post whenever it is done. If people subscribe to the thread, they will get notified whenever you post, even if it isn't on the reveal date.

yes, sometimes I published the following month, JOy, maybe you can do a double publication. You can publish both in the post of the month where there was the reference and a new post in fauna or in the forum of the medium you use

Hello Everyone,

There seems to be a bit of a misunderstanding about the reveal day and when people can
post.

The 'Reveal Day' is not the only day people can post !! It is the first day people can post
their art work. It is the start day not the only day. People can [and do] post up to the end of
the month [and in some cases beyond the end of the month - if that's when they finish their artwork]
-- it's all good ! -- this is supposed to be fun ! :)

Here's the AW Challenge Instructions thread

Also many people check in every day to see what's happening [ I do ] - not just on the reveal day !
If you look at the 'views ' numbers, you can see them increasing every day.

Cheers,
Patricia

This is my contribution this month. Each page is 5x8" Directly in ink.

animals-nov2023-01.jpg

animals-nov2023-02.jpg

And my comments on your work:

Christel - awww lovely furry warm face. The eyes on the wolf are stunning.
Anne - awww cute doggie and love the colour added to the lion (tiger?) baby.
joe1lt - those fabulous horses are running so fast they run right off the left of my screen. Well done! I find horses a challenge.
sanlynn - what a cute (and possibly a bit sleepy?) koala. My friend's 3 yr old likes the show "Izzy's Koala World" about a place in Australia that rescues and rehabilitates koalas. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Izzy's_Koala_World
Joy - oh what a lovely face on that doggie with the lovely subtle colours
Pat - sorry I'm late but I was ill and then there was a computer change. I could possibly host in the new year - December will not work for me.
Vivien - awww lovely koala.

Thanks for your efforts and caring, Patricia. Possibly some (like me!) may shy away from posting too long after the "official" reveal date or at the end of the month. It seems (to me) as if not as many comment on the art later. I do realize that it can be posted any time after the reveal date. Moving it to the 15th should work for all of us.

Eyepaint - Lovely drawings - I especially like the dogs !

I hope you're feeling better now.

By the way , there's no need to apologize for being late - there's no such thing as being late
in this challenge - any time after the 15th is OK [ see my previous post ]

Cheers,
Patricia

By the way , there's no need to apologize for being late - there's no such thing as being late
in this challenge - any time after the 15th is OK [ see my previous post ]

Cheers,
Patricia
I subscribe to the thread and then I see whenever someone posts to it.

I did another one. About 5"x7" in XL Mixed Media Sketchbook. I'm guessing this took about 1 hr but I always lose track of time when I am working. I also tend to work for several short sessions rather than completing it right away from start to finish.

20231128Sk9 Kangaroo (Animal Wildlife Challenge).png

If I decide to add color, I'll post again.

Anne - What a lovely Kangaroo !
Cheers,
Patricia

Reactions: ams
Anne, lovely eyes and expression. You have such a way with drawing!

Anne, wonderful job.
I made the post now.

I put them in now because the computer doesn't always work well, after I turn it off, it takes a few hours to turn it back on or it makes noise or it turns off immediately, it was better for me to search and create the post now, today, that it worked and I no longer had to use it.even though I said I'd write the post tomorrow, I hope it's the same.

Joe - Lovely drawings , especially the 2nd elephant and the raccoon.
Cheers,
Patricia

Hello Everyone,

It's the end of the month again.
Thank you for all your great artwork.
See you next month. :)

Cheers,
Patricia

I'm sneaking in with the color version of the Kangaroo.

Thanks Patricia for hosting this month and providing so many delightful images.

20231128Sk9C Kangaroo (Animal Wildlife Challenge).png

Anne - Beautiful colour version !
Cheers,
Patricia

Back