Animal and Wildlife Challenge, February 2024

Triduana

Contributing Member
Hello, and Welcome to the February 2024 ANIMAL & WILDLIFE CHALLENGE! :)

On the first day of each month various photos and a reference subject will be provided.

Please choose from the photos or the reference subject provided - or both! - to create an artwork in any medium, and in any style that you like.

Please use only the photos or the reference subject provided.

👋 Please post your artwork on or after the 15th day of the month

- AND , if you wish, any WIP [works in progress] photos that you might have
taken while you were doing your artwork.
- AND, if you wish, any comments about it.

Please don’t post your artwork until the 15th day of the month [this is the ‘reveal’ day]

You can use this thread to discuss progress, but please don't tell us whether you chose a photo or reference subject before the 15th !!

You can continue to post your artwork from the 15th until the end of the month.

-------------------

We hope you enjoy the challenge, we're looking forward to seeing you ! :)

This month's REFERENCE SUBJECT is 'IN MID-AIR'

Here are your photos - all from Pixabay or Unsplash:

Siamese cat
alex-meier-KGiQFgF7dkc-unsplash.jpg

Musk ox
andrey-tikhonovskiy-_qLv4-U5Tow-unsplash.jpg

Dalmation
animal-1834478_1280.jpg

Badgers
badgers-6300893_1280.jpg

American redstart
bird-7155889_1280.jpg

Copperband butterflyfish
butterflyfish-460423_1280.jpg

Gecko
gecko-1373144_1280.jpg

Stand by for part 2 ...

Part 2:

Jellyfish
jelly-fish-1288736_1280.jpg

Banded demoiselle
nick-fewings-f23uMV9STsc-unsplash.jpg

Humpback whale
rod-long-gUYYvPrnuHY-unsplash.jpg

Sanderling
sandpiper-7480247_1280.jpg

Squirrel
squirrel-4659191_1280.jpg

Have fun! Looking forward to seeing your artwork after the 15th :)

You're welcome, Sanlynn and Joy!
I seem to have a preference for things facing to the right this month. I only just realised that. 😆

Beautiful photo's Kay. Thank you very much for hosting. :)
Cheers,
Patricia

Great photos Kay, thanks for Hosting! Hopefully, now the Summer holidays are finished, and all schools are open and beginning today, I will be able to paint again this month!

Looking forward to seeing your work, Patricia 🙂

Glad you can join in Viv! 🙂

Wonderful images Kay. I haven't been doing a lot of art for the past few weeks. I've involved in some other projects but I will have to try one of these.

Hi everyone as the new date for posting our images, has been changed from the 15th of the month, and it is Thursday 15th Feb here in NZ today....Ive finished my entry so I'm posting now.
Ive painted the Siamese cat in watercolor & pen and ink, in my 6" x 8" sketchbook.
20240215_144856.jpg

Sanlynn - Thank you. I debated whether to paint this one in watercolors or pastel, then decided on watercolors. But i think it would have turned out better (and been easier!) in pastels!

EP, I always enjoy looking through the drawings you do of all the reference photos. Great job!

Here is my contribution of the squirrel with the walnut. I’ve used squiggly pen marks done in my watercolour sketchbook, 7 x 9”. The second one I’ve added some watercolour wash and a bit more pen. Thanks for looking.
IMG_2770.jpeg
IMG_2784.jpeg

EP, I always enjoy looking through the drawings you do of all the reference photos. Great job!

Here is my contribution of the squirrel with the walnut. I’ve used squiggly pen marks done in my watercolour sketchbook, 7 x 9”. The second one I’ve added some watercolour wash and a bit more pen. Thanks for looking.
View attachment 38770View attachment 38771
Great job on both! The rapid pen lines give the impression of a quick, vigorous little squirrel!

Vivian,EP,Sanlynn, formidable job.
I made 2 drawings and I'm trying to color one, when I finish I'll post it together with the other 2.

Back