AI vs. ART

Certainly the AI can do nice things, but cannot replace a true artist. Machines are tools not beings. It just takes illogical thought or emotional based art to be absolutely unique and non reproducible by an AI. You can express feelings and create better than a machine. Textures and flaws are well viewed from now on... besides, is a virtual image in comparison to a real object.

I was getting so fed up with this whole AI saga at least as big as a chinese balloon that I made the following comment on Eric Hoel's blog. Just wanted to share it with you.
Keep making art !!

These floods of words and logorrhoea about AI are a delight... Kafka must be ROTFLOL in his grave. Human beings are not even capable of defining intelligence and they debate about the dangers and virtues of artificial intelligence. There is war at my doors in Europe and geeks pretend transforming the world... Resilience and emotional intelligence are out of the scope of their A-IT requirements of course... How to keep yourself busy when your world is already on fire...

Where is the blog link? And was the above text what you wrote on there? Or did you mean to leave a link? :unsure:

The big issue is when people start copyrighting AI works and then going after anyone whose style is vaguely similar. If an artist trains an AI with their work, and their work only, I still don't think it should be seen as something they "created" necessarily.

Don't train an AI at all and see what it creates on its own. My guess is nothing.

Don't train an AI at all and see what it creates on its own. My guess is nothing.
Not traing an ai is like not turning on any machine, trying to drive a car on an empty tank.
Maybe an even better analogy would be raising a child under silent conditions and be suprised it doesn't speak.
It's an essential ingredient of an ai to be able to put out anything.
So I'd say it's a rather moot point.

So Artists Network (commercial site) set up an AI challenge involving the opinions of 3 human artists on AI produced works in their chosen media. Here's the link and you can slide through the AI works in each set:
AI Art (As Reviewed by Actual Artists)

I looked at the AI stuff and read the humans' opinions. Here's mine: 2 out of 3 spectacular fails for AI! Oil and pastel were busts and easily spotted. However, the watercolors did a pretty convincing job, and I disagreed with the human artist's opinion markedly.

AI art will flourish commercially, delivering images to view.
But, I think that there is possibly a fantastic new creative experience to be born where people will go to watch human artists paint.

AI art will flourish commercially, delivering images to view.
But, I think that there is possibly a fantastic new creative experience to be born where people will go to watch human artists paint.
Dave-But, I think that there is possibly a fantastic new creative experience to be born where people will go to watch human artists paint.

you mean like on youtube?

Dave-But, I think that there is possibly a fantastic new creative experience to be born where people will go to watch human artists paint.

Very cute. But not YT, because that will eventually get clogged with AI generated "live" vids too.... LOL

There was a local Artist in my area who was invited to live events, he'd set up his plein air 'stuff' and create a single large acrylic painting. Very popular. Always someone ready to buy or use as fund-raising focus.

Back