Zebra

jennaboo88

It came up recently in my Greater Kudu thread how I'd done a zebra sculpture now that I'm learning more about achieving stripes in wire. So, as promised, here is my first zebra sculpture, which I completed a couple of months ago.

Made with steel fencing wire, paddle wire, and dark annealed wire in a blend to give this zebra his stripes. His mane is a firm, black steel part from a necklace, and his ears are feather-shaped embellishments. A black metal chain cascades down his back and makes the tail, which is finished with finer silver and black chain. This zebra measures 7.5 inches tall by 2.5 inches wide by 8 inches long.

To be frank, I do feel this one looks a bit rougher than I had first hoped. All those stripes caused the wire to look a tad messy in places in my opinion, but I think it works anyway. C&C welcome. Thanks for looking! :)

Zebra 1.jpg
Zebra 4.jpg
Zebra 5.jpg
Zebra 6.jpg
Zebra 7.jpg
Zebra 8.jpg
Zebra 9.jpg
Zebra 10.jpg
Zebra 2.jpg
Zebra 12.jpg

Jenna, just when I think you cannot get any better, you blow me away with another piece. This is perfection and I would not change a thing. You have such a unique talent and I always look forward to seeing your work.

I adore this! Great work on those stripes and I love the mane too.

Artyczar, thank you very much! I really appreciate your kind words.

Joy, wow, thank you! I'm so happy you like my sculptures. I love to make them, so if they make others smile and make them happy, that's just the best feeling. Thanks again!

Thank you, Snoball!

Oh, thank you, ams!

Thanks so much, Queen Bee!

Many thanks, Kay! I'm glad you like how he turned out.

Thank you very much, Christel!

Amazing work! I've never seen anything quite like this type of sculpture, so it's great to see something which is fresh and different to me.

Amazing work! I've never seen anything quite like this type of sculpture, so it's great to see something which is fresh and different to me.
Claudia, what a nice comment! Thank you very much. These guys are fun to make; hunting for the embellishments is half the fun.

Back