You Can Post Almost Anything, Just Not This

Hannah

Your pal
Admin
Hi, just an FYI in case it hasn't been publicly stated, you can't post pictures of Adolph Hitler or any other, you know, anti-semitic fascists around here.

You're probably thinking to yourself, "What's Hannah blabbering about, no one posts pictures of Hitler around here." But they do. You probably don't see the pictures because we take them down. Again and again.

Of course, we shouldn't have to spend our time removing pictures of Hitler from an art forum or anywhere else, but there are some people out there who have sympathies or beliefs that may run counter to yours and all of the other non-fascists in the world, and they can't seem to help themselves. Or they think that somehow they can make a picture of Hitler relevant to a conversation about art (they cannot). And, yes, some even believe the pictures are funny! LOL, right? Wrong. Not LOL. Hard fail.

Glorifying, discussing, promoting, or picturing your beloved Führer is never necessary or acceptable here. I know it's confusing, trying to keep track of where you can and can't openly engage in your admiration. But to help you remember, just think of Creative Spark as a No-Hitler Zone.

Thank you for your kind indulgence.

That completely weirds me out. To an extend that it makes me a bit uncomfortable with the forum. Not been participating that long, but it is a very nice and sympathetic crowd in my experience thusfar.
The idea that there is someone (I do hope we are talking singular here) under the regulars that adheres to such vile political ideas is unnerving, a kind of "who is the mole" vibe.
Why not permanently ban people like that instead of just deleting their offensive posts?

Edit: And why on earth are you using a phrase like "thank you for your indulginge"?!
It is for me the pinnacle of absurdity that you even have to point out that this is unacceptable behavior!

How curious, that was the only sentence in the OP I didn't think was that well said...

snip

Edit: And why on earth are you using a phrase like "thank you for your indulginge"?!
It is for me the pinnacle of absurdity that you even have to point out that this is unacceptable behavior!
Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous. --Queen Victoria
...but I somehow doubt that Vicki would have included AH or others fascists.

Maybe you just don't get Hannah's personality. That's all. ;)

"The pinnacle of absurdity" is that we're not talking about just one person here.

We have decided that we will give warnings against unacceptable behavior like this. If you get a couple of points, you get a "time-out" and can go sit in the corner for a while. I don't know about simply banning people because they have a certain sense of humor, especially when they are well-liked and contribute good things to the forum otherwise.

At least now it is known that it's not at all welcome here.

why on earth are you using a phrase like "thank you for your indulginge"?!
I use it because it is the pinnacle of absurdity, and absurdity likes company. ;)

Not to be a troublemaker, but how about an image of him getting a wooden stake driven through his heart.(yeah, I know, he didn't have one)!

Plus, if you discriminate, you will lose your massive Federal Grants and funding and get a visit from your local FBI Stassi people.🤣

Back