New So. Cal. emerging Artist

stevenD

Hello, After a long career first as a Design Engineer and the last 20 years as a Quality Manager, I have recently retired and now have the time to devote to further exploring, refining and expanding my "ARTography" into a business. My goal is to sell my work thru Art Galleries and/or on-line. I am using a Canon 5D MkIV, typically with a Canon L-Glass lens.

In Apr-2024, I entered one of my Artwork in a open contest at a local (Long Beach Ca.) Art Gallery and WON first place in the Most Creative category!

I've been shooting pictures for over 40 years including a number of years shooting Models (mostly women) in my in-home studio. About 14 years ago I starting perfecting and refining a specialized photographic process, utilizing Glass & Lights to create unique captures that are both Abstract & Psychedelic. I now have well over 500 pieces of Glass, Lights and additional hardware to take my work to the next level. I like to think of my craft as ARTography, as it is the blending of Art with Phography.

My proprietary process is really more like that of an Artist than a Photographer, and I am extremely passionate about the creation. As a Photographer, I want to stay "true" to to this discipline, so I do not do any copying or coloring in the Photo Software I am using (Affinity), as I don't want to create graphic/fractal art (lol, no offense). I only do some minor touch-ups and simple corrections. adjustments and formatting.

I'll add more info in time, but here is a taste of what I am producing. The colors look slightly off here, as they are small jPegs

i am open to any comments, help or advise on marketing my artwork.

CHEERS
stevenD
Amon-Duul1.jpg
Kaske1.jpg
Mythoette1.jpg
Mythos1.jpg

Last edited:
I like your work very much and would appreciate a tutorial on your methods, if you are willing to share your secrets.

And I do appreciate the complement. I've had a number of people ask about my process and I always respectfully decline. But I will say, that it is a process I have refined and expanded on, with a lot of money spent on the various components and the entire process is not the typical Photography one...

Attachments

• InterstellarOverdrive.jpg
    InterstellarOverdrive.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 3
And I do appreciate the complement. I've had a number of people ask about my process and I always respectfully decline. But I will say, that it is a process I have refined and expanded on, with a lot of money spent on the various components and the entire process is not the typical Photography one...
I understand and respect that.

Hi Steven, welcome to the site! Your work is very intriguing! All the prisms remind me of fractals. It's beautiful. Excited to see more.

Back