Working up a new illustration

TamPaints

Mostly Illustration
It's been a while since I've been making my own illustrations. I started getting into creative writing to help get my creative flow back and it's been very helpful.

This illustration is supposed to be some sort of wizard mixing up some potions in the middle of a wizard fight. I'll have a bright flashing spell wizz by them on the left side of the canvas. I also included some framing around the illustration as well.

I can't believe how helpful learning how to write has been for my illustration work. Not only am I more creative, I'm also more invested in the work. I'd highly recommend it if you haven't tried it!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 10.49.18 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 10.49.18 PM.png
    422.1 KB · Views: 15
Really well done, Tam! I also write and sometimes it's hard to choose which to work on on a daily basis. :ROFLMAO:

It's been a while since I've been making my own illustrations. I started getting into creative writing to help get my creative flow back and it's been very helpful.

This illustration is supposed to be some sort of wizard mixing up some potions in the middle of a wizard fight. I'll have a bright flashing spell wizz by them on the left side of the canvas. I also included some framing around the illustration as well.

I can't believe how helpful learning how to write has been for my illustration work. Not only am I more creative, I'm also more invested in the work. I'd highly recommend it if you haven't tried it!
looks pretty cool so far, do you want to elaborate on the writing part? Like did you learn caligraphy or what, and how exactly that helps.

Back