New sketches for the beginning of July

TamPaints

Mostly Illustration
Wow am I out of practice. I spent the end of June working on my business, social media, and marketing for my cross stitch design business (which has already been helping out quite a bit!). I also continued working on a video game myself and my wife are working on together (I'm doing coding and art, she is handling the narrative and character design).

All this means that I have been severely slacking on my sketching. I totally forgot some of the basic fundamentals, so I spent a few hours working on the basics. I took some simple forms and worked on twisting and turning them in perspective so that I had a better grip on my shapes and forms.

Below are two of the successes towards the end of my sketching session. There are some really dumpster sketches that walked so these two could run. I feel much more confident again in my art, so I think I need to keep working on these fun twisty forms!

As always, let me know what you think. Any ideas for good practice subjects would be helpful as well!

Screenshot 2023-07-02 at 5.53.00 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-07-02 at 5.53.51 PM.png

These are cool. I can see a whole landscape done with this kind of stuff as trees and plants, like an otherworldly scene! ♥️

Thank you all! I hope to get to the point where I can start really making some good landscapes with these twisty looking plants, but until I really get a good understanding of how to draw these forms I'm unfortunately going to be stuck with just sketching for now!

That being said, here's a other sketch that was from a reference:
Screenshot 2023-07-03 at 1.56.18 PM.png

they are all wonderful, you don't look out of shape, however if unsuccessful attempts lead to beautiful ones like these, they are welcome. Were the former therefore of the imagination without reference? Beautiful, but everyone is beautiful. For ideas to practice, I have to connect from the computer even if the sites that I have saved over the years and some folders I lost while the computers broke down. If you don't mind practicing from human and animal references over time you decide by selecting the chronometer dressed on the site there are sites I don't get the name, line action I think. maybe a few seconds, minutes

they are all wonderful, you don't look out of shape, however if unsuccessful attempts lead to beautiful ones like these, they are welcome. Were the former therefore of the imagination without reference? Beautiful, but everyone is beautiful. For ideas to practice, I have to connect from the computer even if the sites that I have saved over the years and some folders I lost while the computers broke down. If you don't mind practicing from human and animal references over time you decide by selecting the chronometer dressed on the site there are sites I don't get the name, line action I think. maybe a few seconds, minutes
Thank you! They were not directly from reference, but I had photos of old trees to look at to get an idea of the forms involved. That's the great thing about natural subjects like these, no two are alike so it is easy to make you own as well! I'll take a look at that website you posted and see if it helps!

Great texture on those mushrooms! :)
Thank you!! I felt pretty good about how I went about that one.

Another quick sketch from today. Very quick, but I felt the tone/composition was a winner. I'll probably develop this one further.
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 3.41.36 PM.png

Back