WIP Big Tree

Flowercat

Started working on this project, because i found a really cool refence on pixabay. And because i recently started developing a love of trees.
Its on a cheap canvas board that isn't great and paint easily lifts off, making layering difficult.
But i still like how this pice comes along
_20221103_224533.JPG

Last edited:
It looks good so far! Sorry the paint is lifting off. Hopefully you'll be able to get more layers down.

I love trees too. I really like the shape of this one and how the foliage fills the frame. 🙂

Your palette is gorgeous! Ugh, I'm sure having to fight with the canvas board isn't helping, but it sure looks lovely so far. I love that big, gorgeous tree trunk!

Is there anything you can use between layers to help keep the paint from lifting off? With oil pastels, I use a workable fixative spray to give the substrate added tooth between layers. What mediums are available for paints?

I like the shape of the trunk too. Let your layers dry thoroughly between sessions and next time you use one of these boards, give it a coat of gesso before painting. (y)

I got some more work done.
I really like how it currently looks.
The hanging branch ist giving me trouble. It looks wierd and unnatural. I also struggle a bit wiht the details.
Next i will eihter paint the floor or the leaves
_20221109_174305.JPG

I like the shape of the trunk too. Let your layers dry thoroughly between sessions and next time you use one of these boards, give it a coat of gesso before painting. (y)
I currently dont own gesso, but thats a good idea. The more paint i layed down the more secure it got. More time to dry also helped.
Thanks for your suggestion

Back