What art supplies have you bought recently?

Don't be jealous, but I got that amazing Richeson easel with my award money. We put it together yesterday, and it wasn't hard. However, we put it together in the garage, then had the issue of getting it into the house! It was too difficult to do that without taking off the base and then reattaching again. So be it. It was the only way. Ha ha.

easel.jpg

I also bought this incredible utility table for the garage:

table.jpg

Both are extremely useful tools.

Beautiful easel! I love Richeson products. I have their art horse bench in my living room in front of my bow window. It goes so well w my furniture.... Only thing is, it has now become a cat shelf lol..

So jealous! I love that easel! I would love one that large for my bigger paintings instead of the small easel I have. That work table is fab!

I love it! So happy for you:love:. That utility table is a beast - can never have too much surface space. The easel will inspire you to make even greater (and bigger) works. Can't wait to see what comes off. Good for you Ayin! Enjoy.

Here are some recent acquisitions from an art store clearance, a thrift store and private sale:

Two new pads of Pastelmat assorted colors 9.5"x12" $25 and 12"x15.5" $30.
A Grey glass palette for my u.go Large Pochade $8 used.
Four trays of PanPastels mostly shattered for $40. Including the Softools.
A very nice Coleman camp chair w attached mini-table and drink holder for painting on my porch $35.
A box of 30 half-sticks of Sennelier pastels $25.
Ten cradled 8"x10" panels unprimed $1.50ea.

I've been buying a ton of bookbinding/book-making supplies, breaking the bank: Coverstock, linen thread, binding glue, a custom die cut, handmade papers, nice Moab printing paper, custom rubber stamps, colored felt, a grommet tool kit (because I lost my old one), and large sheets of Arches hot press paper. :oops:

16ga - the dollar store art and craft section is amazing. I get brushes from there, paint, canvas.. should try what you bought.. I bet a lot of good work will come of it.

Artyczar - sounds expensive, but sometimes you get what you pay for.. I’d use expensive paints and supplies all the time if funds weren’t limited.. I did a big, large artwork with a high end cache and it is a fortunate art. I bet the books will be real treasure.

16ga - the dollar store art and craft section is amazing. I get brushes from there, paint, canvas.. should try what you bought.. I bet a lot of good work will come of it.
I don't have a good art supply store close by, I can order online but then i need a large order to cut down the shipping cost.
I like walmarts brush packs the best.

There's nothing here within 50 miles (except a Walmart). There's a Hobby Lobby about 40 miles from here, but I refuse to shop there.

I have to buy online as I would spend much more on gas than shipping. I did get outside my province for one large item from Toronto: a gallon of Gamblin Cold Wax. It was a deal, 1 gallon which is 8 x16 refills for 186.00 before tax. One 16 oz sells for 44.00 before tax So separate it would have been 352.00 before tax. Wax don’t go bad and I will certainly use it So it was a steal of a buy. Weird the sort of shipping the gallon was pretty much the same as a 16 oz tub.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Michaels about 20 miles away but the prices are high and their selection isn't the best and seems to keep getting worse. Honestly half of their stuff seems comparable in quality to the walmart/dollar store stuff and the better things are twice or more what I can order online for...

I have to buy online as I would spend much more on gas than shipping. I did get outside my province for one large item from Toronto: a gallon of Gamblin Cold Wax. It was a deal, 1 gallon which is 8 x16 refills for 186.00 before tax. One 16 oz sells for 44.00 before tax So separate it would have been 352.00 before tax. Wax don’t go bad and I will certainly use it So it was a steal of a buy. Weird the sort of shipping the gallon was pretty much the samEva’s a 16 os tub.
How do you use the cold wax? I picked up a 16oz tub at a thrift store years haven't found much use for it.

Back