What are you working on?

This reminds me of the very first art I saw when I was little. It was the work that influenced me to be an artist! I love this. ♥️

I've been working very hard on these articles on my blog by the way, for artists. I am done now, and they will be released twice a week for the next few weeks. You make me wonder if I should do one on "what to paint?" I hear that a lot from artists. However, I don't have too much advice for that one, except the very last article in the series would definitely help with this. It's about creativity, but it won't be published until January 17th. I guess I was saving the best for last, but they all have a very purposeful order that I've put them in. One came up just this morning.

Thanks Ayin, that's quite a compliment.

Good writing and advice on your blog. And yeah, what to paint. Why do we make that question so difficult. When we did that first finger painting we never asked that question. What happened since then?

But now that I think about it that first painting was really bad.

Last edited:
I made seven more of those trailers on map pages, so that's what I've been up to art-wise. I'd post them all, but it would just be repetitive, as you all have seen five of the past ones I just did recently. Now I have a new dozen which I might send to my gallery, or maybe I'll send them half. I'm not sure.

Today I started painting an oil painting, but I got very tired of standing at the easel after the first two hours. My legs are weak lately. :(

I also painted a little watercolor for a greeting card design that I'm having printed as we (I) speak. I should have them on the 3rd of January and am hoping they turn out decent. If so, I'm going to put them in stores around town. This is the first time I have ever done any kind of commercial type of thing like this. I got the idea from buying a greeting card recently and noticed there were no cards specifically for queer people. So I made a kinda cute one. ;)

Sounds like you've been productive Ayin. Way to go. Those trailer/map paintings will make people smile. Have you done any with other vehicles?

The greeting card idea sounds like a good one. You would filling a needed niche market, and again, will make people smile.

I've done mostly trailers and some toys, like these:

EncinoTrikedetail.jpg

LAEngine1detail.jpg

I like both the trike and the peddle car. I had one like that!

I bet bikers would snap them up if you did bikes, both motor and regular. Backpackers too. I know I would.

Great projects in the works. :)

It's been a long while since I've done a portrait, having too much fun with the paper sculptures. Thought I'd do a piece of fan art to clear up the cobwebs on my colored pencils. This is the author Stephen King, done in gray scale. I've (foolishly) saved the eyes for last; such is my confidence in portraiture these days. If this comes out okay, I'll mount the drawing over a piece of deep red fabric, giving it a slightly dramatic effect.

King WIP 1.JPG
King WIP 2.JPG

That's what I love about posting art online: all the flaws I didn't see before just jump right out and say Hi!

Last edited:
We got a Stonehenge skeleton and Stephen King. Cool. Bit of a theme going. Good going guys. Glad someone can draw. I can't.

I've been mercilessly painting new stuff on top of ugly old paintings to hopefully make them better. It took me five years to see the badness and now if I want to sell them I have to make them less bad. I mean good. I must have had some obsession with bright acid yellow green. The whole bottom of this painting was that bright yellow/green that I left a small strip of. It was too much. I blame moving to acrylics from watercolor.

So maybe it's ready now. Or maybe a nice red tractor in the field. And cows. arrrghhh

Last fog of morning...

1672462495369.png

Oh yeah, now I see the flaws.... :)

Marc: I'm so sorry to hear that you have Covid. No good!!! I really like the skeleton piece though. It's one of your better works I feel. Hearts:

RWS: That is a fantastic drawing! You have truly mastered colored pencils in a way I don't see often. :)

John, I like this pieces in the way the colors blend into each other. I especially love the purple/lavender strip below the dark blues in the background...a lot! ♥️

Jeez, I forgot all about this thread! I guess it got kinda buried.

I've been working on a 3-panel oil painting on birch wood. I've only started it really, but I'm including the basic mock-up sketch so you can see what I'm going for with this. The panels will be pushed together, but not be exactly square or rectangular when put all together. It's a different idea I had. The numbers indicate inches by the way.

grandma272smaller.jpg

grandma-mikey-smaller.jpg

Back