What are you working on?

Looks great SLG.

Nice job Brian. Good job on the leaves.

I'm at the final stage of the painting that refuses to be finished. It's teasing me. I'm trying to stay patient ..........dammit. :)

Last edited:
I haven't been working on anything again. I also decided to take a month-long break from Instagram. That started a couple of weeks ago, and it's been weird. I am noticing a lot of changes in me. I also decided not to make anything until I feel inspired, or rather, creative. I've been reading a lot about creativity in general, specifically this. It's an interesting read.

The only thing I've been doing over the last few days is rough/raw sketching, which I regularly do anyway. It might be taking a bit of a turn, but I'm trying not to think about it too much. ;)

Recharge the batteries Ayin. Some people tell me I have to do Instagram and others say it's a huge distraction and can be bad for the ego when seeing all the great art out there that others make. Do galleries care how many instagram followers one has? I'm afraid if I start it it will suck me in.

I know the feeling Arty... not being able to do any artwork. In my instance, this is due to being overloaded with schoolwork as the end of the school year rapidly approaches. The gold leaf I needed for the next stage in my work in progress has arrived... but it's just sitting there accumulating dust.

I took a detour from conventional art and decided to try to figure out how to steam my willow. I bought a good quality steamer that was intended for the purpose, but I don't have a steam box, so had to improvise. My first attempt didn't achieve much, but my second attempt was very close. I either have to soak the willow longer before steaming, or steam it longer -- I'm not sure which. In this photo, you can see the difference in color between the regular and steamed willow (on the right).
IMG_9005.jpg

Yes, I guess I'm recharging the batteries. Maybe? Or just in a funk. Instagram feels like poison. I haven't been on it in almost three weeks. It's been weird, but probably good. I love looking at art, but seeing how many more likes and followers my peers have makes me a little crazy. I know that does not equal success, sales, or anything else. It just feels/seems like it does. To answer your question John, I have no idea if galleries care. Maybe some do and some don't. I would think they care more about the art and whether they think they can sell it or not. And of course, they want to see you do the same thing a hundred times. 😂

Sno, it doesn't seem fair what you have to do! I'd go with Terri's idea. They won't know, but I know you wouldn't be able to live with yourself. :eek:

SLG, I'm sorry you haven't been able to do much art either. Doesn't sound like it's by choice.

Hostajunkie, I love what you've been working on!!!! ❤️

I love that Kay. It's so cool! Keep up the new!

I'm glad you enjoyed that article Wayne. I found it super intriguing.

Some 2+ months after last toughing my painting-in-progress and I am back to work today! Beyond losing my studio space a couple of years ago, the great art supply store that was just down the block from my home was bought by Michael's Crafts and moth-balled. :mad: A lot of the materials I used on a regular basis I can no longer find anywhere near me... including the metal leaf and adhesive. I ended up trying a new brand from Amazon, and so far I'm quite pleased as it adheres better than I am used to. And it was quite a bit cheaper to boot! :) Before I can work on the gold leaf on the upper portion of the "halo" I'll need to figure out (and actually draw) just what is going in the background.

IMG-4048.650.jpg

Back