What are you working on?

That made a beautiful showing!❤️ Looks like the artist was there to meet and greet the guests too. :giggle:

Yayyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!! It looks beautiful! A lovely gallery and they did a great job with the installation. Your work looks fabulous on those walls! ❤️

Congrats!!!

Let me see if I feel anything about this show. I think, I think I can detect something..............reach deep inside..........breath in, breath out. Ah, yes there it is. Jealousy!

Thank you Terri! I appreciate it. The installation was a collaborative effort. I was there all day.

Marc, don't be jealous. It's not as fabulous as it looks from the outside. You know...pictures can be deceiving.

RW, Wonderful start, Marc, nice job.I like it, fantastic setting, it reminds me of movies and comics that I liked. Ayin, you did an amazing job, beautiful works

IMG_22-1.jpg

Funny how you can get this far into a picture and only then realize it's filled with bottoms. Not sure if I want to show reflections in the pool. On one hand, No, but is that because I don't think it would work? or because I'll find it hard to do? The helmet's going to change, but not sure how. And maybe the cloud shapes on the left.

Wow! Ayin!
Beautiful!
Love, love your theme and colours on those white walls. So luminous.
Good luck! ❤️
Was that black tree painted on the wall?

Can you paint acrylic over oil? Yes but you need to seal the oil paint first. I like to paint large and I like to use ornate frames. But I don't like to pay $$$ for these items. So I haunt yard sales and thrift stores for these items - used and cheap. Remember the craze for SOFA ART? They were cheap oil paintings on canvas but with relatively good supports. But how to deal with the oil paints? I use Zinnser Bulls Eye Semi-Gloss Clear Water-Based Shellac Finish and Sealer. It's available in a spray or in a can. I only use one coat. It dries very quickly. Ready to paint over in about an hour.
wishlist Image

image-1

Roll over image to Zoom

Zinsser Bulls Eye Semi-Gloss Clear Water-Based Shellac Finish and Sealer​

Picture feels a bit too poise for the book cover. I mean, I knew that when I started, but I've realized I like my pictures to be more of a captured still of a moment or film. Not happy with my clouds. Already said that, but may or may not now change them completely.

Actually something I might now do with my paintings in general is make two identical pictures at the start. Then when I get different ideas, one can go off in a different direction, but also keep the original track.

Picture feels a bit too poise for the book cover. I mean, I knew that when I started, but I've realized I like my pictures to be more of a captured still of a moment or film. Not happy with my clouds. Already said that, but may or may not now change them completely.
You didn't ask but sort of suggested a question: In my opinion, the clouds look too dark, like something growing out of the ground. Maybe lighten them with tones of reflected sunlight, internal fire, etc.

Marc, what do you think of getting some contrast in there? That's really the only thing I see that could use improvement.

oldtimer, I see what you're saying about sealing the oil paint first, but I wouldn't trust that one spray coat would do that. I would think it would need multiple coats with sanding between, but I guess I'm a perfectionist? I also probably wouldn't do this in the first place. I only use this Universal Sealer for wood panels.

Back when linen was like the price of woven gold and people still only used animal hide glues I heard of people soaking old painting in water for a day or so and then carefully sloughing the whole surface off with a large scraper.

Back