What are you working on?

Just needs a few touch ups when it dries some. I'll post it in the Contemp Art forum when it's finished:

batcakesnake572.jpg

Great work SLG!

John, What you've done is really impressive. I say this you you as much as to myself that it doesn't matter how fast someone else can accomplish their work. It always takes as long as it takes. Plus you're talking about someone who has been doing their own technique all along. It's sure it's like second nature to them. I especially love the second piece :)

Thanks so much Arty. The second piece was the one I did. The first is his. I failed to paint like him but at least succeeded in painting like myself. The fact that you like mine over his (although the photo of his leaves a lot out since it was off the computer screen) makes me glad. I sort of do also, but judging one's own work is difficult isn't it. And now I see things I don't like. We can learn from other artists but still make art that is ours. It really helped me to watch his technique, color mixing, choices and energy.

I'm considering the for profit aspect of this.....gasp!!!! My HVAC trade pays OK but the idea of going pure artist is appealing. Fixing A/C units is well, pedestrian?, and like work? Plus, I'm,ummm, retirement age. So they say. I don't believe them. Fake news. :)

Some details of this weekend's drawing. The parts are superior to the sum, in this case, unfortunately. At this point he burst out crying, soaking the polka dot mask. Transparency. People always see through it. 🤪

One.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Thank you snoball. Hope the commissions are going well. Imagine being commissioned to do a portrait and unveiling a stick figure 😁 with a smiley face.

Thanks guys. I know it a strange paintings, but you know.. Just needs some touch ups, but probably nothing anyone can really tell.

Iain, I really like your stuff. Yes, that last one looks like a curtain. I imagine a small performance of beetles on the stage doing the can-can! :love:

Sno, those portraits are extraordinarily amazing. Your talent blows me away. It's intimidating, it is. Don't feel bad when I say that, it's just simply a compliment. :)

I wish my talent was intimidating 😆

Extraordinary portraits, sno. Hope they appreciate them.

Arty, I like the way the subject of your painting discombobulates, I really do. One cannot say that too often...

Thanks, I like that you like my stuff. I can imagine those beetles arm-in-arm doing the can-can. Apparently, if all the species in the world were lined up, every fifth one would be a beetle, attesting to their diversity.

Bloody internet playing up. Unfortunately, it isn't interfering with the Christmas hits streaming up through the ceiling...

I agree, your piece is impressive. You have a pleasant scene so far. A bit more on the foreground would finish it off.

Back