What are you up to?

Lovely shots. Snow is beautiful but it does have its dark side. Just life, two ends to all or as they say, for each action there is an opposite an equal action.

I have been getting ready for Christmas with ELEVEN PEOPLE coming- all from out of state.

While I will be very happy to see each and every one of them (although some more than others) I am at heart a recluse and am waiting for it all to be over, too.

I have the menus made up and have asked and asked and been told nope, all good, so no one better complain. I have put all loose things in my studio away (one daughter will be in there) and counted chairs obsessively (I only have eleven chairs- but I have two kitchen stools, and I'm short, so I don't mind taking one) and I have gotten all shopping done except for Game Stop gift certificates and the deli meats/cheeses for the Saturday charcuterie selections. I think I am ready- and most folks are leaving a day or two after Christmas, although we've not yet pinned down the brother who came early- as he always does- as to when he is leaving (as he often tends to way overstay any welcome).

On the upside, I bought the alcohol yesterday- although I don't drink. I'd make an exception but I despise hangovers.

Merry Happy if I miss it here- I am SO GLAD to 'know' you all inasmuch as possible here!

I have been getting ready for Christmas with ELEVEN PEOPLE coming- all from out of state.

While I will be very happy to see each and every one of them (although some more than others) I am at heart a recluse and am waiting for it all to be over, too.

I have the menus made up and have asked and asked and been told nope, all good, so no one better complain. I have put all loose things in my studio away (one daughter will be in there) and counted chairs obsessively (I only have eleven chairs- but I have two kitchen stools, and I'm short, so I don't mind taking one) and I have gotten all shopping done except for Game Stop gift certificates and the deli meats/cheeses for the Saturday charcuterie selections. I think I am ready- and most folks are leaving a day or two after Christmas, although we've not yet pinned down the brother who came early- as he always does- as to when he is leaving (as he often tends to way overstay any welcome).

On the upside, I bought the alcohol yesterday- although I don't drink. I'd make an exception but I despise hangovers.

Merry Happy if I miss it here- I am SO GLAD to 'know' you all inasmuch as possible here!
I figured that's what you were up to. ;)

I guess you'll break open the booze for yourself if your brother outstays his welcome? :ROFLMAO:

Highlights from this morning's nature walk:

DSC_7269.JPG

Red-headed finch male.

DSC_7289.JPG

Red bishop. This is the bird the park was named after: "Bishop Bird Nature Area." As you may have guessed, you don't often see these birds in the park - it's not their ideal habitat. I'm going to guess the name of the park was decided by a committee of bureaucrats. :D

DSC_7296.JPG

Blesbok herd.

DSC_7308.JPG

Yellow mongoose. This little fellow was remarkably tame and approached to within a few yards of me.

DSC_7318.JPG

An Egyptian goose flew over the park..

DSC_7321.JPG

Guineafowl longship in a green ocean.

Thank you, my friend! ❤️

Great series of shots, Brian - I just love seeing that nest and the nest-maker hanging on. So unique!

Terri what wonderful news! Congratulations to you and your family!

Brian, these photos and the ones from a few days ago just floored me! You really know how to capture the beauty of nature in your part of the world.

Back