What are you up to?

Spectacular mammatus formations, after a storm...

2020 Mammatus clouds.jpg

Everyday I talk on the phone with my good friend who is in the hospital now thinking of assisted death. We have known each other for 50 years. We had been lovers in 67 and then went on with our lives that took us studying in different places and on different paths. He was a Woody Guthrie type of guy, organizing workers and wrote a column for years . I always admired him because of his selfless nature and passion. I never forgot him. He looked for me for years which surprised me a little but 50 years apart became something to celebrate. We were going to get together but the covid thing kept us waiting. He has been in the hospital for a couple of months and his condition is monitored but with no chance of going home ever again. I am thankful for the quality of conversations we are having and feel deep love for him. I will miss him.
Here we are, in 67 and now in 2020, celebrating our 50 years apart.
Sorry for the rant but this is what I am up to. Painting very little, raking leaves while talking to him in my head. I send him pictures everyday of what I see.

Attachments

• 3405B4D2-842F-4116-850D-DD74E048053B.jpeg
    3405B4D2-842F-4116-850D-DD74E048053B.jpeg
    59.6 KB · Views: 123
  • 9C689D60-47EA-4254-A2CF-A6AFD80A48ED.jpeg
    9C689D60-47EA-4254-A2CF-A6AFD80A48ED.jpeg
    25.1 KB · Views: 121
  • 7E210116-6D49-40A5-A2C6-5879F1B3BA39.jpeg
    7E210116-6D49-40A5-A2C6-5879F1B3BA39.jpeg
    53.8 KB · Views: 116
  • 8D372820-F2C2-4A4D-AD64-D90304AA657E.jpeg
    8D372820-F2C2-4A4D-AD64-D90304AA657E.jpeg
    264 KB · Views: 127
Oh it's no rant and even if it were it would be warranted. Rant, sister, rant!

This social distancing does seem obscene, under the circumstances.
My neighbour's brother died at the height of the lockdown from cancer and his own mother couldn't attend to his bedside.
I guess we have to take comfort where we can find it, and your connection after 50 years, at this late stage, is massively important. 🖤🖤
What a bittersweet story, of friendship and love. He sounds like a great guy. Look after yourself Jocelyn.

Jocelyne, I am so sorry for what you are going through. 💔 My heart breaks. I didn't want to mention it because I in no way want to take anything away from your important grief and intense relationship with your friend, but I also recently (this year) lost one of my best friends of more than 40 years. I knew him since I was six years old and have always been close to him. He died of complications of COPD in Portland, OR where he and his wife had been living for the last 10 years. He was really the only person I could talk to about my darkest stuff because he knew me so well over my lifetime and truly understood me like no one else. I can't write about that more, not one more word...

I just want you to know how much I really understand what you are going through right now, not take from your situation. I am commiserating only and want you to know I have been thinking about you a lot lately and what you must be feeling. I wish I could hold you and make you feel loved in this moment.

❤️❤️❤️

Jocelyne, I am so sorry for what you are going through. 💔 My heart breaks. I didn't want to mention it because I in no way want to take anything away from your important grief and intense relationship with your friend, but I also recently (this year) lost one of my best friends of more than 40 years. I knew him since I was six years old and have always been close to him. He died of complications of COPD in Portland, OR where he and his wife had been living for the last 10 years. He was really the only person I could talk to about my darkest stuff because he knew me so well over my lifetime and truly understood me like no one else. I can't write about that more, not one more word...

I just want you to know how much I really understand what you are going through right now, not take from your situation. I am commiserating only and want you to know I have been thinking about you a lot lately and what you must be feeling. I wish I could hold you and make you feel loved in this moment.

❤️❤️❤️

I am so very sorry Desforges.There's nothing I can say that others have not already said. As Iain says a bittersweet story. I will be thinking of you.🖤

So sorry Jocelyne. I'm sure your conversations and the pictures you send him are very comforting to him.

Been sick! And it's awful. I'm on a new medication that's been making me sick to my stomach at least a few times a week and I'm always nauseous. Fun stuff. I can't work at the computer much. I get dizzy and sick after a short time. I keep thinking I'm going to get used to the medicine, but the dose goes up every few weeks, so I wouldn't know for another few weeks. I will be talking to the doctor later this week to see if I'm going off it or sticking with it. Sorry I haven't been participating much, but it was hard enough to finish the last painting.

Hanging in there for now....

I would certainly talk to the doctor! You may be on the wrong med for you or the dose is not correct. Medicine is not an exact science. :(

Thanks guys. Yes, I will talk to him Sno. There's not much I can really do but stop taking it, however, it's a once a week shot, so I'm stuck feeling like this for another week at least.

Oh well Jocelyn, what a sad story.... my condolences.
I write some poetry sometimes, so here we go:

When only wireless contact bridges distance
When the time of saying nears the end
Dead leaves instance after instance
Orange turned brown or do they blend?

Love that memories left to feel
Agony that never seems to leave
Green leaves will come to heal
Festive spring with smiles to give

Nufocus, are beautiful verses.

Artyczar, I'm very sorry.
hope you get better soon. A heartache for a quick recovery.

Desforgers
I'm so sorry your friend is sick.

Surely both of you would have deserved to find yourselves in a different fragente. without disease. this is painful, and there is little that can be said of useful,
and I don't even know how to say it, but I really think that

in any case the fact that you have found yourselves and even stronger than any evil evil, is a beautiful and important thing, magical, that is
these days of course, although in the hospital they will have been made much sweeter and more important thanks to you and your contacts, resent you and know that someone is there with his thoughts,
rediscovering a friendship (these things, human values, the beauty of it
and maybe even feelings that a moment can give, a photo or the magical vision of a painting are really precious things and that make sense even if sometimes many things don't make sense or do so much harm), someone who loves you, the to know that the past years and the vicissitudes of life have not extinguished this feeling but that it resists stronger than everything and a ray of sunshine, a crack able to cross every wall, every adversity, which makes every moment really important, precious, even if it is hard do not forget the importance, the magic that is in this feeling and the importance it has, that is, it is something that must be a gift for both of you, this feeling is something precious that you deserve bring you both joy, relief , you deserve this, more than pain, to absorb beauty, the importance of an important and sincere feeling. Sorry for the many and rambling words.
Desforgers A big wish for everything.

Carol, so sorry to read that you have been sick. I really hope that you feel better soon and that you can carry on showing us your beautiful work.
Seeing all that you have posted gives me a good idea of the quality and consistency of your art.
I think that your art is very special and distinctive.
Like no one else’s.
I love you. Hang on!
💙💙💙💙💙

I believe the stars that shine, shine to show us endless time is...
Far beyond our reach.
And I believe that when we die, we take all the love inside us,
to share with those we meet.

Artyczar, I'm sorry, I got the doubt and only now I realized that I had wrong the terms to write that I sincerely wish you a speedy recovery, (ti auguro di cuore di stare presto meglio)

brianvds,is wonderfull , draw, picture it's as beautiful as cartoons that I loved very much.and the scene is very funny

Back