Weird stuff

Chiswick is said with a silent 'W' 'Chis'ick, but ... it ain't silent when saying 'Gatwick'......?

Just share some weird stuff you've come across.

20210503_031305.jpg

Last edited:
A few years ago, I bought some stone age flint tools/scrapers as a gift for a friend
overseas. Handling them prior to wrapping them up, one of the six flints felt a bit
awkward in my hand and....without thinking I just swapped hands, from my right hand
to my left and immediately it was comfortable to hold.

Weird eh?

2008, working as a Security Officer at Heathrow Terminal 1, processing a passenger to JHB through
bag X-Ray I randomly asked her 'where are you going'?

'Johannesburg' she replied.
'I grew up in Nelspruit' I said.

She smiled and said 'I live in Nelspruit'.

'I lived just off Van Wijk Street' I said....
She looked at me quite amazed and blurted...'I live on Van Wijk Street...'

I have no idea why I said what I said to this particular one out of 250 passengers.

My older brother died in 1992. We were extremely close and it hurt to lose him.

18 years later, my son was born on the same day as my late brother.
Weird eh?

Yes. I guess you would commemorate and celebrate that date. Bittersweet.

I have trouble with weird. Couldn't really think of anything. Then it hit me! Just like, what is known as, Exploding Head Syndrome. 💣💥Yep. I have experienced it once, possibly twice I forget. It is the experience of hearing a sudden loud noise while one is sleeping, or at least, in the state between consciousness and sleep, somnelence. When it happened to me, I was just dropping off and jumped with a start. "What was that?" (Or words to that effect). It sounded like an explosion. My initial thought was of an occurence inside the house, rather than what it was, a kind of auditory hallucination. EHS. That was weird. Startling.

Yes. I guess you would commemorate and celebrate that date. Bittersweet.

I have trouble with weird. Couldn't really think of anything. Then it hit me! Just like, what is known as, Exploding Head Syndrome. 💣💥Yep. I have experienced it once, possibly twice I forget. It is the experience of hearing a sudden loud noise while one is sleeping, or at least, in the state between consciousness and sleep, somnelence. When it happened to me, I was just dropping off and jumped with a start. "What was that?" (Or words to that effect). It sounded like an explosion. My initial thought was of an occurence inside the house, rather than what it was, a kind of auditory hallucination. EHS. That was weird. Startling.
Wow ! This is weird right now as I seemed to have stumbled across an explanation for the grenade explosion or rifle shots I hear that have no reverberations !
A medical explanation learned on a art gossip blog = Weird !
It happens to me at the stages mentioned sometimes 3 or 4 times a month and then nothing for a couple of months.
I put it down to possible mini strokes and watch for signs of that for awhile.
It is probably a good idea for me not to mention to others that I have Exploding Head Syndrome. (I always thought he was kinda weird!)

Three or four times a month?! Surprised you aren't showing delerium-like tremors akin to, what was once graphically termed,,"shell-shock"! Not that I mean to make light of a condition. Anyhow, if at all concerned, especially where strokes and such are concerned, seek a professional. (Like I need to tell ya).

As for being weird, you're still weird. 😁 Nothing wrong with that. That will be $75 for the confirmation diagnosis.

My dad died 8 months before my mom. My mom died on the day and time that would have been their 40th wedding anniversary. That was weird, like he waited around for her to come with him. It always seemed like it. We all thought it was weird, and kind of romantic in their own strange way.

Three or four times a month?! Surprised you aren't showing delerium-like tremors akin to, what was once graphically termed,,"shell-shock"! Not that I mean to make light of a condition. Anyhow, if at all concerned, especially where strokes and such are concerned, seek a professional. (Like I need to tell ya).

As for being weird, you're still weird. 😁 Nothing wrong with that. That will be $75 for the confirmation diagnosis.

"As for being weird, you're still weird." True, but in the immortal words of comedians Tommy Smothers and Bob Newhart; 'Oh Yeah!' &'The same to you fella!'
"I yam what I yam, and that's all I yam" , Popeye The Sailor Man.

Your confirmation diagnosis fee has been submitted to the government panel on fees and they find only 2 cents of worth, unless you are thinking of contributing to the Party, in which case they approve of $1,000.00.

You may stop by and collect the 2 cents if you come around here; I am concerned about that as much as about my newly identified condition.
Thanks, & Carry On

Back