Weird stuff

I feed squirrels. I live on a fourth floor. They climb a tree and jump on the balcony and wait, sometimes in my bedroom window. 377D588D-1C35-4179-AEA4-8443B8460599.jpeg0A13433F-C54E-4AC1-969C-BBE494517C0D.jpeg0D943313-0C38-43D2-A4D4-F4FC5EB52323.jpeg
I am a bit weird. I make them these little balls with bananas, raisins, nuts , coconut oil, coconut, flax meal, cereals and peanut butter in the food processor. My cat actually likes them.

Fried egg sandwiches with mustard on the bread. I got into a major culture war with a friend of mine over this.

Plain mustard or flavored? I’m willing to try.
Regular French's or dijon if you please. My friend had never heard of such a thing and refused to accept me eating it in front of him. Which I did. We were on his fishing boat, with a small cooking galley. Amusingly, his wife is famous for her deviled eggs, of which a main ingredient is mustard. She never told him.

By the way, and it fits in the weird categorie too, I regard so called "kæst egg" as beyond reason. They are eggs usually from wild birds, ducks mainly, that are cured by burying them in warm volcanic ash. One of the vilest things people have ever willingly put in their mouths imo and I am far from squeamish.

Add to that balut, a delicacy in southeast Asia: "A balut is a fertilized bird egg (usually a duck) which is incubated for a period of 14 to 21 days, depending on the local culture, and then steamed. The contents are eaten directly from the shell." Think baby duck embryo. Next, more disgusting stuff.

I realise it's not a competition (;)) but I do eat kæst hákarl and skata. Fermented shark and skate (tourists generally prefer the term "rotten").
Tastes distinctly of ammonia, I kid you not. Maybe my dutch roots have something to do with the fact that I am one of the very few non natives that actually enjoy this (come to think of it, quite a few non natives don't dare to go near these food items either...)

Back