Weird stuff

I once saw a raven play dead for a good twenty minutes. My dog had it in his mouth and everything. He lay it back down on the ground because it stopped moving and he left it there, staring at it for the longest time. He finally gave up and came back inside, sad and confused. I watched the whole thing through the kitchen window. After another five minutes of it laying there. It got up and hopped a little and flew away. Crazy.

my grandmother, mother, my 2 sisters and i, my 2 daughters, and my grand daughter all have birthdays on the same day of the week every year.

hereditary? ... highly unlikely.
coincidence? ... maybe
weird? ... yep, but i would expect no less from my family! :LOL:

What is Catsup?
Catsup is another name for ketchup which is a thick spicy tomato sauce usually put on hamburgers and hot dogs in the US.

An interesting thread. Glad I don't have to sample any of the weird ideas. They do NOT sound appealing.

Cat soup: something no one really wants to consume unless you're a little sick in the head. :ROFLMAO:

Ravens flipping over in flight and coasting on their backs for no apparent reason. Totally weirded me out the first time I saw that.
They're just playing. Highly intelligent critters like to play for its own sake, and ravens are very, very smart.

Haha, you don't have to explain that to me, I've seen them do very funny stuff.
At the town of Stykkishólmur there is an island just in front of the harbour, with a very steep rockface. When the wind had the right direction you would see a group of seagulls "hanging out" on the wing in the upstream. One day at my lunch break I stroll down the harbour, and notice two ravens flying by me, one carrying a piece of bread. Which is a bit strange, outside of nesting season so I pay attention.
The ravens fly straight into the group of gulls and the one carrying the bread releases it. The gulls of course try to get it, but the raven also dives for it and catches it himself. I saw them repeating this game until my break was over and had to return to work, they were still at it....

Omg, I haven’t even finished the first page of this excellent thread and I learned something amazing. I had no idea it was a “thing” — I too have Exploding Head Syndrome!!! Worst one ever was just a few nights ago. I actually feel relief knowing what it is.

ok, I had to learn to like ketchup on Western eggs, but better yet is salsa with an omelette. :)

Last edited:
I love research tangents. In researching EHS, I also learned that I’m a “short sleeper”. Lol!

Did you know that when an opossum “plays dead” that it’s completely involuntary? it’s sort of like they pass out. I learned this after researching opossum because my cat had one cornered near the porch two nights ago. :)

Here‘s something even weirder: for many years, I have had golf balls customized to say “Weird” on them as gifts for my BF. Lol! Titleist Pro V1s. :)

Last edited:
I am a short sleeper too! And it sounds like possums must have a form of defense narcolepsy.

I can understand an omelette with salsa better than ketchup on eggs.

What else is weird is my spell check underlines the word omelette.

Kansas ... 'kanzas'
Arkansas ... 'are Kin saw'

Never did get this....

In the UK....
Gatwick ... 'Gat Wik'
Chiswick ... 'Chiz ik

Never did get this...

I'm a non smoker but a few years ago I was in the process of trying to stop. Anyway, one night I was home alone when the lights went out. This wasn't that unusual and sometimes happened, but I was upset that I was on my own. I found a torch and settled down to read my Kindle. The urge for a cigarette started to creep up on me and got worse as time passed. Using the torch I started to search hubbys room (also a smoker) for places where I might find an old pack with a couple of ciggies. I checked his sock drawer, side table with no luck. By now my mouth was watering at the thought and I was feeling desperate. Moving around the house in the dark was no picnic but I remembered a place next to his tv and found a pack with one cigarette left inside. I gleefully grabbed the pack and walked back into the lounge. Putting the torch on the counter top I put the cigarette into my mouth and was about to light it when the torch went off! I was in complete darkness. Then it came back on, and started to flash on and off in a slow deliberate manner. It freaked me out because I instantly knew I was being told not to smoke that cigarette. I took it out of my mouth as I felt I had no choice and trembling I stumbled back to the sofa and my kindle.

Yes. I guess you would commemorate and celebrate that date. Bittersweet.

I have trouble with weird. Couldn't really think of anything. Then it hit me! Just like, what is known as, Exploding Head Syndrome. 💣💥Yep. I have experienced it once, possibly twice I forget. It is the experience of hearing a sudden loud noise while one is sleeping, or at least, in the state between consciousness and sleep, somnelence. When it happened to me, I was just dropping off and jumped with a start. "What was that?" (Or words to that effect). It sounded like an explosion. My initial thought was of an occurence inside the house, rather than what it was, a kind of auditory hallucination. EHS. That was weird. Startling.
I have that , rarely, but it happens when I am about to fall asleep, then BANG! Or a BUZZ! No idea why. 🙃

This one is weird in an eerie, cosmic sort of way. My dad died several years ago, but thru some investigating we recently discovered that back in the early 1960s he was engaged to a girl who died before the wedding. She was 19 and turned out she had a heart condition. Last year my wife was digging thru some crap she got from her mother. She found an address book that had the name/phone number of the dead fiancee's parents. My wife called up her mom to ask her about it. At one point in the 1950s, my mother-in-law and fiancee's mom shared a hospital room and became friends. When my wife was born, she was named after the dead fiancee. Needless to say, we were pretty spooked.

That is weird Kobe.

Here's a weird thing: We have a few dozen bunnies that frequent both our front and back yards (cottontails). There is one that comes around every single day that has NO EARS!

At first, he had little stubs for ears, or one that looked like a loop. It was split apart, about to fall off, poor thing. We started calling him "Loopy." That was more than two years ago and now they are just little stubs. There are just as many coyotes around here that eat these bunnies, but Loopy is a survivor. We feed the bunnies our leftover veggies every once in a while, so maybe that's why Loopy is always around, and we have a lot of vegetation in the front of our property he likes to hide under and/or eat.

That is weird Kobe.

Here's a weird thing: We have a few dozen bunnies that frequent both our front and back yards (cottontails). There is one that comes around every single day that has NO EARS!

At first, he had little stubs for ears, or one that looked like a loop. It was split apart, about to fall off, poor thing. We started calling him "Loopy." That was more than two years ago and now they are just little stubs. There are just as many coyotes around here that eat these bunnies, but Loopy is a survivor. We feed the bunnies our leftover veggies every once in a while, so maybe that's why Loopy is always around, and we have a lot of vegetation in the front of our property he likes to hide under and/or eat.
That's funny! Glad you feed them.

Back