Weekly Art Event: November 12 - 19

It can be something done quickly, a finished work of art or anything in between. It can be created from your imagination, from life or a photo reference.
If by "finished" you mean old, I have one ready for this week :) Please let me know if I've misunderstood and am violating the spirit of the challenge. Anyway, over the years I've come to wonder why that well-nourished, smug, and self-satisfied pear is shunning the bottle, leaving the bottle to feel empty inside and like the odd one out. Alkyd oils on gessoed 5"x7" gessoed masonite panel:
loner.jpg

Last edited:
Odd One Out? Hmmm, maybe it's time for another self-portrait...
:LOL:
Schuee, great first post for the week. It took a lot of patience. I like your missing 3 too. You are on a roll!

Triduana, very clever. I hope this purl stitch was intentional. :oops:

Lamar, nice still life. The "finished" refers to how far you decide to develop the painting during the week. It's ok to post at any stage, from sketch to completed (finished) work. You can post previously done work but the intent of the event to encourage you to develop new work during the week of the challenge.

It's ok to post at any stage, from sketch to completed (finished) work. You can post previously done work but the intent of the event to encourage you to develop new work during the week of the challenge.
Noted. Thanks for the clarification, ams! I noticed this challenge much earlier in the week than I did last week, so maybe I'll have time to create something new and on-theme. Thanks again :)

Edit: Please feel free to delete my painting, BTW.

If by "finished" you mean old, I have one ready for this week :) Please let me know if I've misunderstood and am violating the spirit of the challenge. Anyway, over the years I've come to wonder why that well-nourished, smug, and self-satisfied pear is shunning the bottle, leaving the bottle to feel empty inside and like the odd one out. Alkyd oils on gessoed 5"x7" gessoed masonite panel:
I think you must have been editing when I posted a few minutes ago Lamar …. As Anne has explained, the intention is to present new work but I’m certainly not about to ban you!!😂😂😂…. I love the sentiment of this lonely and empty bottle ..😢 … it’s also a nice painting, unseen before now!

Did you knit that with a wrong stitch for the challenge?
I hope this purl stitch was intentional. :oops:
if you knitted that especially for this, it’s great!

Thanks Penny, Anne and Maureen. :)

Yes the purl was intentional (thankfully!). I knitted it this afternoon after thinking about the challenge while I was at work. I guess it was on my mind that chunky knitwear season is just around the corner. :)

Lamar - I like your painting and the reason you posted it. I like the idea of the pear shunning the bottle :)

Thanks Penny, Anne and Maureen. :)

Yes the purl was intentional (thankfully!). I knitted it this afternoon after thinking about the challenge while I was at work. I guess it was on my mind that chunky knitwear season is just around the corner. :)
Excellent, Kay. You could go back to the bad stitch and then continue with your jumper!

View attachment 12941
Poor old bottle! Well thought of, Lamar. I like the blue against the yellow.

Thanks for the challenge this week, Maureen.

Schuee - Loving the humour in your cartoons - so much fun, and great drawing style!

Triduana - Brilliant! Very clever take on the theme.

laika - Love the narrative you've given to the bottle & pear - I'm feeling sorry for the poor, lonely bottle.

Not sure my pear is quite so pleased with itself - I think it'd like to be one of the apples. Pastels on construction paper, A2.

odd.jpg

Triss your picture is wonderful! I love those colours and the shine on the fruit, and it works really well on the pink paper too. :)

Thanks for the challenge this week, Maureen.

Schuee - Loving the humour in your cartoons - so much fun, and great drawing style!

Triduana - Brilliant! Very clever take on the theme.

laika - Love the narrative you've given to the bottle & pear - I'm feeling sorry for the poor, lonely bottle.

Not sure my pear is quite so pleased with itself - I think it'd like to be one of the apples. Pastels on construction paper, A2.

View attachment 12983
Very beautiful work.

triss, love your pear and apples. The pear looks pinned "in" rather than out, or as you say, wishing he fit in a little better. Beautiful pastel work on all three.

Back